That man Wonfor is approaching Ugly Towers from the West

edited March 2013 in Other stuff
He comes bearing temptation, which he says he's going to take away again.

I have to say, I don't like it! I know I won't like it! 
;;)

Comments

• edited March 2013
    You're doomed, I tell you! Doooomed...

BTW, we need pictures, or today never happened! Pics of the gear, less of Colin, you understand... He's not quite the male model you are Dave!

• Will he be in full Nic'O'Tene regalia?
  • No photographs. You can see them in Hi-Fi World :-)

He brought the Iridium Class A, which has moved on a little since Noel and friends went mad about it last year.

The Class A makes the Atoms sound stodgy. And you know the Atoms don't sound remotely stodgy!

Bass like I've never heard in this room - we had the Royds rocking on their stands with a bit of Jah Wobble.

20 WPC made loads of noise, too. No need for horns or other efficient speakers. The notoriously difficult Royds were not a problem.

And so smooth and neutral.

If I had £5K I'd have got him to leave it with me. 
  • i bet thats good  ;)
  • Hi Dave, thanks for a nice , I did enjoy the music but that sobbing as I left was sad to see, never mind.
    Just got back 3Hr drive, and still JCB everywhere.
    Thanks again for your input, hope to see and Mrs not so Ugly soon.
  • Iridium Class A does look sublime Colin.  How does 5,000 x £1 every other day instalments sound?  :D
  • i bet thats good  ;)
    Oh yes!
  • edited March 2013
    Hi Dave, thanks for a nice , I did enjoy the music but that sobbing as I left was sad to see, never mind.
    Just got back 3Hr drive, and still JCB everywhere.
    Thanks again for your input, hope to see and Mrs not so Ugly soon.
    I thought we agreed you wouldn't make the sobbing public, Col.

At least you didn't mention the hanging on to your leg as you dragged me across the car park.

Always a pleasure Col. Thanks for lunch, BTW. It really has to be my turn next time.
  • James - they're mine I tell you! All mine!

You can keep your Hypex! BTW, did you see your speakers described as looking like 'alien sex toys' by one show attendee?

• Yes I did.  I've heard then called many things before but that was a first.
  • Makes the Atoms sound stodgy Dave - must be one heck of an amp as the Atoms did not sound remotely stodgy to me ! And only 20W to drive RR3's - remarkable !!
  • edited March 2013
    I know. The Atoms don't sound stodgy now. Although I do know that the bass control and extension aren't up with the Class A.

Colin said to me "Your face!" when we put the Atoms back in. The Iridium is one heck of an amp.

And 20W isn't a problem at all. We had the RR3s playing as loud as I dared (mustn't cook them!) with no sense of strain or distortion whatsoever. And don't let anyone with hearing tell you that the little Royds won't go loud ;-)

It seems whenever Col turns up with something here, he overturns my expectations - speaker cables can't make that much difference... titchy little power amps can't do that... Class A doesn't sound all valvey and comfy... and 20W is enough through the RR3s...

He'll have me on analogue next!
  • Soon my son soon, >:)
    Dave PM me address please got some bits here you may like 30G of it
  • I know. The Atoms don't sound stodgy now. Although I do know that the bass control and extension aren't up with the Class A.

Colin said to me "Your face!" when we put the Atoms back in. The Iridium is one heck of an amp.

And 20W isn't a problem at all. We had the RR3s playing as loud as I dared (mustn't cook them!) with no sense of strain or distortion whatsoever. And don't let anyone with hearing tell you that the little Royds won't go loud ;-)

It seems whenever Col turns up with something here, he overturns my expectations - speaker cables can't make that much difference... titchy little power amps can't do that... Class A doesn't sound all valvey and comfy... and 20W is enough through the RR3s...

He'll have me on analogue next!
    He has a habit of doing that IME...

I'm waiting for the device that makes digital better than analogue. If this can be done (in Col's opinion), I'll just have to hear it!