New Toys!

2»

Comments

• I may have already done that Ben as I find myself being a teenager again and knowing nothing about hifi so obviously pressed the wrong button.  Who am I again?

I've got to stress that the work I've done could be done by a lot of people given the time and resources.  In many ways the design was the hardest part because of the research needed.  I had assistance with some of the cabinetry by a colleague simply because I didn't have all of the skills needed to do the whole job, so I did what I could within my own limits. The electronics were simply a question of reading circuit diagrams and measuring my original crossovers to get the measurements needed to spec up the new crossovers. I'm more than happy to pass on what I've learnt to anyone who might want the information.
  • That's very generous, Paul.
  • I've got to stress that the work I've done could be done by a lot of people given the time and resources.  In many ways the design was the hardest part because of the research needed.  I had assistance with some of the cabinetry by a colleague simply because I didn't have all of the skills needed to do the whole job, so I did what I could within my own limits. The electronics were simply a question of reading circuit diagrams and measuring my original crossovers to get the measurements needed to spec up the new crossovers.
    Laughable.

• I've got to stress that the work I've done could be done by a lot of people given the time and resources.  In many ways the design was the hardest part because of the research needed.  I had assistance with some of the cabinetry by a colleague simply because I didn't have all of the skills needed to do the whole job, so I did what I could within my own limits. The electronics were simply a question of reading circuit diagrams and measuring my original crossovers to get the measurements needed to spec up the new crossovers.
    Laughable.

?
  • I think that the Doc means he's going to have a good laugh at the end result as he's popping over tomorrow for a listen  :))
  • Ah!

If he laughs, make sure you poke him in the eye with something sharp!
  • No. I meant it is laughable for Paul to claim that his accomplishment could be replicated by anyone here.
    I'll give it a go. Watch this space. :-D
  • You'll do it Ben.

Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben!!!!
  • My thanks to Ben who dug up courage and popped over.  You'd know Ben's been here because we have no cake left  ;) :D

I think Ben enjoyed the listening sesh and as per usual brought some great toons with him 
    :)>-

I threatened him with "Jazz at the Pawn Shop" and that seemed to scare him off though 
    :-?
  • He's a big boy. He can stand jazz :-)
  • Yeah. Thanks Paul. Really really impressed with the speakers in every way.
    Will post full thoughts as soon as I've got a mo'.
    And what do you mean no cake left? I spared at least one mini muffin to enable you to feed your family in May.
  • PACPAC
    edited April 2013
    errr....no muffins left as I scoffed the last one!  Look forward to reading your initial impressions Ben!  
  • errr....no muffins left as I scoffed the last one!  Look forward to reading your initial impressions Ben!  
    Will do Paul! With my business going "live" on Wednesday I haven't had the time the speakers deserve for the write-up. Should do over the weekend! :-)
    Thanks again for the hospitality and the experience. :-)
  • The very best of luck for Wednesday Ben but with your reputation I'm sure you'll do very well  =D>