RFC news

PACPAC
edited June 2013 in Amplifiers
Just hot off the press!  RFC News

Dead impressed with recent auditions of Jolida amplifiers so breaking with form (where I design, assemble or manufacturem my own components) I have decided to provide Jolida kit to hifi enthusiasts.  Was blown away with just how good the valve integrateds were during a recent audition so wanted to spread the news on this kit as it is still pretty new to the uk.

Comments

• Good luck with that Paul.

Something else to listen to at the bake-off, then :-)
  • Valves...?
    I say again, "ban this sick filth, Dave". This forum is better than that!
  • Hush Ben, you'll drive away the only audiophile credibility this place has!
  • Valves...?
    Trust me Doc..I will purge this earth from the scourge of solid state!  Why even the USS Enterprise used EL34's in its warp drive....everyone knows that!
  • Valves...?
    Trust me Doc..I will purge this earth from the scourge of solid state!  Why even the USS Enterprise used EL34's in its warp drive....everyone knows that!
    Ah...
    I've always wondered why it is that as the Enterprise goes to warp speed, the engines sound so disappointingly muffled and insipid.
    :-p
  • edited June 2013
    Valves are permissible on the Enterprise, as you can't hear 'owt in space!

Atcherly, Spock likes some valves - he found added euphonic distortions to be 'fascinating',  as it helped him to artificially recreate emotional experiences.

• "Why even the USS Enterprise used EL34's in its warp drive....everyone knows that! - See more at:" http://www.audiochews.com/index.php?p=/discussion/1100/rfc-news#Item_1

Scotty changed them last week for a pair of  250TH .

• Philistines   [-X

Transistors were used in the phasers because they couldn't carry the battery packs around for the 211's originally planned (they weighted 23,456 tonnes) but if you've ever noticed, the phasers are forever breaking down and they keep bashing them with their hands and shaking them to try and get them to work.  Scotty wouldny have that for the warp drive do ya ken?  A large bank of 15000 EL34's were used in P-P-P-P-P-P-P-P-P-P-P-P-P-P-P-P-P-P-P-P-P...........P-P-P-P-P-P...........P-P-P-P  (push-pull-push-pull-push-pull etc etc etc) to generate light speed drive.  

One day, the force will be with you all (at around 400mV and 40 mA bias for 50wpc :)) )

Trouble is you've all been so used to listening to your old Pye sets on AM (usually radio Luxembourg drifting in and out of tune or the shipping forecast on LW) that the first tranny set you bought and hooked up to a pair of speaks along with your i-poo sources for streaming stuff ( :-O) sounded great by comparison.  Meanwhile, those of a more musical persuasion left their Pye sets for something rather more musical (no...not a flute!)...a well designed valve amp.  

You that arrive at RFC mansions will be secretly played a toob conversion brainwashing lecture at 1000 times normal speed so it sounds like a mozzy buzzing around the room and by then it will be too late (har har)...you will leave with your brains unscrambling the truth and drip feeding you the guidance that you so desperately need.

Muffins will also be provided.
  • Ah Paul the 250TH spec I have asked Alan to post it, and you will see it is a Tube not a transistor, and I used Coal and a cat whisker, to hear Radio Luxembourg. 8-}
  • Paul - You are Trelane and I claim my £5!

• edited June 2013
    As requested by Lt Cmdr Scott himself:

• Those graphs speak for themselves.
  • Hmmmm....a design using a pair of 250th spec single ended triodes running pure class A at a mere 3KV per valve?  Yes please....gimmy!  :D
  • Done it sounded amazing, two old PC PSU to run heaters toridal O/P transformer, Silver Mica Caps 
    The tubes last time I bought were £500 each, but well worth the fun.
    Thank Scotty Alan for me for putting monster up.
    Paul how about a kit with these in ???? 
    >:) >:)
  • PACPAC
    edited June 2013
    Done it sounded amazing, two old PC PSU to run heaters toridal O/P transformer, Silver Mica Caps 
    The tubes last time I bought were £500 each, but well worth the fun.
    Thank Scotty Alan for me for putting monster up.
    Paul how about a kit with these in ???? 
    >:) >:)
  • I could sort a kit no problems Col, although it would have to come with some major health warnings 
    :))

CE certification could be "interesting" too 
    8-} :-S [-(

• Those graphs speak for themselves.
    Just want to point out that from my point of view I was being sarcastic there. Those graphs mean nothing to me.