Inca tech Claymore repair

2»

Comments

• edited August 2013
    Colin I'm using pure silver leads and speaker cable in system was thinking of rewireing inputs to board and speaker term to board with same stuff would you think that would be ok to do
    Nordost type and shape flat and thin 1mm
  • Sorry no comment I have no facts about this cable.
  • would you recommend any outher type to do both jobs
    maybe tq blue speaker to do speaker terms
  • I will put something nice in there for you Steve :)

Got it running on both channels last night,so will now order a few bits for it.

Paul.
  • I will put something nice in there for you Steve :)

Got it running on both channels last night,so will now order a few bits for it.

Paul.
    How is it sounding Paul ?
  • Sounds great Col considering is running through a pair of Goodmans Maxim 2 plonked on the floor......!

Paul.
  • what was wrong
  • Fractured lead on one of the FET's
  • on the outher hand during repair pioneer amp sa8100 used as preamp through small valve amp not sounding bad
    will have to do
  • ......Well, after a long delay the caps arrived last week, so i'm busy soldering !

Quite looking forward to hearing it, as the last one I did like this sounded superb.

I will have to dig out my ultra rare white Claymore, and do the same to that :)

Paul.
  • Colin talks about gold Claymores. Have you got one of those Paul?
  • Dave if he has I am going round and pinching it only 6 in the world.
  • edited September 2013
    Lol.........wish I had Dave, though the white one is nice...

• Well the beast is completed, and on its way back to its owner !

Paul.
  • Cue happy owner!
  • edited October 2013
    He should be !

Connected up for a quick listen on Sunday afternoon, and three hours later was sat there thinking I want to keep it........lol

Paul.
  • I do that to when I got a 50W mono TOCA pair to service after a lightening strike it killed the fuses all 20 of them.
    Then I had to take them back to Paul F,s house, I did try a delay but he came over a caught me listening to Philip Glass, rats.
    The only pair in the world, I wished I kept them.
  • I want them too.......They look stunning !
  • well the happy owner says a big thank you to Colin for help with mods and to paul who did the work arrived today mid day can't wait to listen to it when I get home
  • played claymore for last couple of days
    can't remover what my old one used to sound like but this new modified claymore really sings deep bass well controlled open and clear mid and well controlled top end
    sweet in every way
    got some more mods of my own to do will post pics later