For Sale - Interconnects by NVA & Gotham.

edited February 2011 in For sale
I am clearing out some surplus cables, as well as moving on some longer ones that I recently replaced with more appropriate lengths.
  • SOLD.      NVA SuperSoundPipes: Analogue pair, 65cm tip to tip on the plugs, so about 60cm of usable length. Remember these are semi - rigid, and fragile around the plugs so they won't go quite as far as that. Working fine, just removed from the system this week. These are my favourite cable, I can't imagine 'upgrading' from these. £140 new, would like £85 delivered in UK.
  • SOLD.     NVA SoundPipe Digital: Single length, this was a revelation as an RCA digital interconnect. Only bettered by a SuperSoundPipe which opened up the bass some more. 45cm tip to tip, so 40cm usable length. This is also a rigid cable but more robust around the plugs. £18 delivered in UK.
  • SOLD.     Gotham Swiss GAC-1: Analogue pair, 1 metre of conventional flexible cable. No-nonsense studio cable, well made with decent quality parts. Very fine bass with these, £10 delivered in UK.
All sold now chaps - thanks for the interest.

Comments

• OK. Alan. I'll have the SSPs.
  • They're yours Dave. You'll have to remind me of your address by PM - I'll get them sent tomorrow or Friday.
  • Excellent. Thanks Alan.

No hurry posting them. They'll hopefully fit in with my coming system reorganisation.

You want Paypal, chq or bank transfer?
  • I'm easy - gold via carrier pigeon?
  • Lead via seagull?
  • Hmmm...Sounds like a dodgy Led Zep tribute act from Worthing!
  • Yeah. Their theme song is Cashmere  :-D
  • Good job these SSPs have come up. I just buggered up one of the earth tags on one of my SSPs and now they hum like a tramp's feet.

Doesn't look too bad a job to fix, but as a man with no soldering iron and not much in the way of soldering skills...
  • Stick them in the post to me Dave. I'll fix them.
  • Thanks Jim. You're a star.

I'll wait for Alan's cunningly designed SSP packaging and send them on their way to you 
    ;-)
  • Ah - the packaging is bespoke & high quality. You'll probably just want to look at the packaging for an hour or two before you open them, and even after that I doubt you'll want to send it away again. It is a work of art - you're really paying for the packaging...

I fix'ted my other SSPs last week with solder an' evryfink...It would have been easier with new plugs though.
  • DigiSoundPipe now sold to a future prospective member..

;)

The Gothams are a good budget cable peeps, not as finesse d as NVA cables but let more bass through. Very good for second systems...hint hint..
  • I'll have you know I have a set of vintage kimber kables currently in my second system! Never liked them particularly, but it is a second system.

And the repaired SSPs may well end up there once Jim has waved his magic soldering iron - depends if they're long enough for the main system or not. Having had a closer look, I'm not convinced. But we'll see.
  • Why not ask Jim to switch a pair of those funny plugs (SMA? Or is that baby milk - I forget!) onto them so you can have SSP from front to back?
  • RD says SSPs and SMAs are very difficult to work with, although I did get him to agree to make me a set but didn't follow up on it. My current system arrangement needs long and expensive SSP runs from pre to powers.
  • edited February 2011
    Cables all gone now - thanks for the interest chaps.

@Uglymusic - Dave - you get your SSPs today, or is postie making you wait? I don't think I sent it steerage class. I only ask as I won't be around this weekend.
  • Arrived earlier, thanks @Alan.

I haven't unpacked them yet as the packaging is a thing of rare beauty.

• :)) Told you. Pure class...

• I gently slipped my blade along the side and withdrew the lovingly wrapped cables and am now listening to the system with SSPs.
  • I also received a little package from Alan in the post today. I think origami could be a future direction for you to consider. But the contents - a digital SoundPipe cable - were in great condition and it is working perfectly. Just waiting for it to burn in but already the cable sounds good. 

By chance I knew an origami shop once but business was no good and they folded. 

(Thanks Alan, a lifesaver and sent at the speed of light.)
  • Welcome chaps - an absolute pleasure.
This discussion has been closed.