My pimped up classics...

13»

Comments

• They look cool, Ben. I don't know how they sound, but they look cool on those stands. Well done you, and Paul, on getting the Goodmans to sing!

I still have the Maggies here but they are sold, I am dropping them off next week. I must get them out for a farewell blat before they go west... (To the West country that is, well almost).
  • New stands!
    Courtesy of some of my old MDF hifi shelving. Measured (to raise the speakers exactly to Paul's 10 inches), cut up, drilled, glued and screwed.
    A lot more sturdy and robust than the metal column ones from last week. (And somewhat less bling... :-D )

I'm liking the thought that the sound is now tighter and clearer. Who knows.
    Anyway, I enjoyed creating them. :-)

• Paul's what????
  • Paul's what????
    Dave you were my 3-2 favourite for picking up on that one...
    ;-)

• Paul's what????
    ;-)

I'm sure I don't understand what you mean, however accurate you think the facsimile might be ;-)

Nice effort Ben and you can even use it as a low bookshelf or somewhere to store your DVDs :-)

• Paul's what????
    ;-)

I'm sure I don't understand what you mean, however accurate you think the facsimile might be ;-)

Nice effort Ben and you can even use it as a low bookshelf or somewhere to store your DVDs :-)

You suggested 10 inches as the height by which the speakers should be raised. :-)
    Loving the DVD idea! Will do.
  • Ben, you have crafted altars to the god of Goodmans, you must keep him appeased or you amplifryer will burn! Oh, forgot - you already addressed that issue!

Looking good mate!
  • forget the DVDs, I'd like to see a comfy blanket in there so George the Cat can really feel the beat.
    Good effort though, Ben. I do like them better than last week's. But will I like them as much as next week's ?  ;-)