3rd XV

edited November 2013 in Loudspeakers
My lovely RFC modded Goodwood's have gone in for their final refurb (new tweeters, extra bracing, go faster stripes, etc.,...).
And, with the NVA Cubes sold last week, i'm left with my 3rd choice speakers: JPW AP2s. Funny isn't it that there's always something to like about most things, and a lot to like about music whatever it's played through...?
:-)

Comments

• I've always liked JPWs. Are these the slightly bigger Audio Note/ Smell - alikes?
  • They are largeish.
    A little bass light compared to what i'm used to in my big room, but they're very pleasant overall.
    They don't smell too bad either.
  • Big room with small speakers? Hmm.

If all goes well this week, I should soon be putting my Royds into a similar sized room by Christmas. I'm hoping they love it.
  • Operation "Goodwood Revival...the Sequel" starts on Friday  ;)

I've got the chainsaw and some really big hammers on standby 
    >:)
  • edited November 2013
    Have bothered to play around with placement this morning. Can't these damn speakers learn, or be made, to position themselves...?!
    Pushing the JPW closer to the back wall has predictably lifted lower bass somewhat, though the upper bass/lower mid is still somewhat lacking and they're sounding a bit "sucked out".
    Looking forward to having my proper speakers back Paul...! In your own time though - really pleased that you're nicely busy!
    =D>
  • Good news Ben is that I have some shiny new tools and measuring devices coming as part of my loudspeaker design side of the business so I can measure how well (or not) the original crossover design performs, and in the case of the new tweeters, can get a very good crossover match in terms of assigning the best values to the crossover modifications.
  • Excellent. You're measuring your gleaming tool...
    :-/