A happy marriage between newly sanded and oiled floorboards and loudspeaker spikes?

edited December 2013 in Loudspeakers
What's the best option for protecting the nice floor from the nasty spikes?

Comments

• Pennies under each spike
  • Thanks. Those commercial nobblers look good, but Colin's solution has the advantage of cheapness ;-)
  • And small, old pennies will also blend with wood floor colour.
  • Dave hasn't thought this through - he's going to splash out 8p? I can't see that happening...

He'll end up using some stale hob-nobs or something. No, wait...

Sliced carrot?
  • 8p? 8p?? Oh, bugger, I'd forgotten I have two speakers.

Maybe it's back to mono for the moment.
  • Get a mortgage like normal house owner do, and find they can never retire. OK I have retired before you pick on me again Sam. Good job I can still duck. :-))
  • You should know you shouldn't taunt her, Col. But you're probably safe, she doesn't read Chews (that much).
  • Phew saved again by time and space. The pennies work Brian O,Rourke show me this tip a few years ago . Clever guy.
  • What does Colin Belt say about the age and diameter of the pennies?
  • PACPAC
    edited December 2013

The Queens' head on the copper pennies must be pointing East in the morning and follow the sun around due west in late afternoon if you want the speakers to sound illuminated.  They could sound dull otherwise.  Oxygen Free mono-crystal copper pennies work best, manufactured from 5N sheet copper rolled on a virgin's thigh before cryo freezing  and annealing.  (That rules out having them made in Dursley...). To improve performance even further, you need the "negativity Ion removal treatment".

That sheet is then formed around the head (and sometimes chest) of a virgin before final shaping to bespoke measurements.  It is guaranteed to removed 99.9999% of negativity (this is sometimes referred to as 6N antinegative sgrain structure) from 5N OFC copper.

The final sheets are called 5NOFC6NANC

They are not cheap but 9 out of 10 cats said they received a higher electric shock when standing on these (wired to the mains) than any other copper in the trials.  These trials have, as a by-product, helped both the UK bird population and Chinese takeaway industry in one fell swoop as well as lowering patient dependence on drugs. It has also increased demand for virgins helping moral standards across the country.  
    What's not to like?

• Nine Bob notes work best!
  • Paul 
    No sorry I disagree on reflection maybe four pieces of eight might be better , at least it will be digital at 64BITS a channel. And he might not get any more FLAC.
    And Gold will not leave green mark on the wooded floor as pure copper would.
    I WAV good bye now. 
    :-h
  • Justice for the MP3! 
  • I have a 4-tier Mana rack and my RR3s directly spiked into the wooden floor, and as long as you are not scraping anything, which I've not done yet, then I can't see a thing and have moved speakers around quite a bit.
  • That's interesting Neil.

I'm not sure I dare, though.
  • You know what? I've not managed to get the hi-fi together for Christmas. It's just not right