Addition to family

PACPAC
edited March 2014 in Digital

From a distance...to get an impression of how bulky this thing is!

Besides being very well screwed together, it is the first digital source (and I include stand alone DACs and music servers as well as CDPs) that I have listened to which pips the Droplet (now sold on).  Remarkably clean and natural sounding player; really impressive, extended bass performance. Mids and highs very similar to a decent LP played on the Gyro but with more headroom dynamically as one might expect from digital.  In fact, it's very hard to chose between a good vinyl front end and the Accuphase.  Both are very good indeed.  I have been offered a SBT to try (the CDP has additional digital inputs and can be used as a stand alone DAC) and may take the owner up on it.  Also been offered a Macbook thingymagig which connects to the DAC.   TBH I prefer physical media (can't be had with all that button pressing and screen searching) but will give the others a go.

Sound wise, the Accu is probably as good as I've ever heard CDP so this will be my last player I suspect.  It is built to last the course, so hopefully it will.

Comments

• What, no small but crucial valve buried at the bottom of reams of hardwired circuitry, Paul...?
    Very disappointing.
    ;-)

Looking forward to hearing it! :-)