For Sale...TOCA Seca 20w

edited May 2014 in For sale
This one is the standard version with aluminium front panel.

Just been rebuilt with new caps/bias pots/FET's etc........currently running in & sounding superb !. £1500.

imageimageimageimageimageimage

Comments

• edited April 2014
    Sounds great.
    Thank goodness there's no conceivable way i can afford it right now...
    What with Alan and now you, i'd be getting no sleep whatsoever...
    All the best with the sale Paul. :-)
  • Thanks Ben :) ....
  • edited May 2014
  • Looks the business Paul!
  • Hi Mark,

Send me a PM.
  • I'm not sure how you can Mark from a mobile device. I've had difficulties with that myself. Dave may know how.
  • That looks very tasty Paul.
  • Sounds even better Dave :)
  • That's a truly lovely thing, and superb workmanship too. I am very impressed (and slightly embarrassed)!

I hope she finds a good home, Paul.
  • Cheers Alan !

I'm sure the the new owner will be delighted with the beast :)
  • I'm sure they will.

I hear there are one or two Chews members who haven't gone Class A yet (they're called independent thinkers, I think) :-)
  • Wouldn't want to be called a conformist now would we ;-)

• I hear on the grapevine that you are ;-)
  • edited April 2014

Well I have  just took advantage of the fact that the other half has buggered off playing golf, and hooked it up to my Audio Physic Virgo 3's.

Wow !......the magic is back. The Bass depth/power and sheer realism of this thing is mind blowing. I'm crap at describing what I hear, but I know what I like and i'm a fussy bugger too as Colin will tell you.

If anyone is near Devon, and wants a listen........just ask :)

• Sounds wonderful.
    How does it compare to the ID25...?
    ...Be honest!

• Well I have  just took advantage of the fact that the other half has buggered off playing golf, and hooked it up to my Audio Physic Virgo 3's.

Wow !......the magic is back. The Bass depth/power and sheer realism of this thing is mind blowing. I'm crap at describing what I hear, but I know what I like and i'm a fussy bugger too as Colin will tell you.

If anyone is near Devon, and wants a listen........just ask :)

He is !  :D I can hear it here in Somerset, oh it was a Truck carting Naim Kit on the A303 sorry Paul.  >:)

I just tick tock away 
  • The ID25 doesn't have that magic that the single ended amps have, but then neither does any other amp i've heard. Will that do ? :)
  • I see you Saturday with  the boys from Chews if the SatLav works.

• The ID25 doesn't have that magic that the single ended amps have, but then neither does any other amp i've heard. Will that do ? :)
    No tell us about the green smoke and when are you going to build the 50W monos????
  • Lol Col ! gotta go out for tea and dont want to !
    It will do as a sentence.
    It will not do as a reassurance. ;-)
  • Lol Col ! gotta go out for tea and dont want to !
    What HRH is coming down again, God you spoil that woman  ~O)
  • Vindaloo and plenty cider !

20w mono's first Col which are coming on nicely........

When i've finished Ben, I will bring them up for you to have a listen.

• Vindaloo and plenty cider !

20w mono's first Col which are coming on nicely........

When i've finished Ben, I will bring them up for you to have a listen.

From where are you sourcing these ruins of my finances Paul...?
  • Hi Paul, are they bigger heatsinks? I spy a White Claymore sneaking in for a selfie.
    Love the switch, be sure you damp the contact bounce on it. I found 1nF worked well.
  • edited April 2014
    Do not give the Vindaloo to the Corgi's HRH complained last time.
    I like the Clamp for the power semi's and the OT sensor, watch out if you solder them internal wires snap off.
    What IQ did you set each constant current too?
    Did you find the 47,000uf caps?
    Found some better transistors to replace BD series, I will e-mail data.
  • Hi col,

Thanks for the tips. Yes, heasinks are 200 high fisher sk157....about 0.2 c/w

Iq is just under 1a each. I used the bar as can get more even pressure on TO-218 cases. I did find the 47000uf caps, but silly moq, so used 22k (the refurbed toca uses 27000uf cde caps)
  • edited April 2014
  • edited April 2014
  • Girl, i've moved one of your posts from here over to the TDS thread, simply as on the whole it had more relevance over there. :-)
  • I can post this if needed.........
  • Better pics added......
  • Very sexy.
  • You want it Ben !  :))
  • Had some interest, but still here.

Please note, this thing gets very hot !
  • Is it still available Paul?
  • Yes Paul still has it.
  • Thanks Chris.
    I'll PM him.
  • You know you want it! :-D
  • Yes........still here Ben.
  • edited June 2014
  • Nice one Doc, presuming it was you. Tell me more of your thoughts.
  • Best amp I've owned.
    Even through the JPW AP1s I was using up until Thursday, the TOCA sounded special. Just right all over really. By which specifically I mean incredible stength across all frequencies (and down way low) and a smootness that I have never heard in my system. I'm currently listening to some piano music (Beethoven - you can quote me on that), and it's so lovely. Cry-worthy dynamics.
    It works so well with the RFC/Goodwoods.
    Really happy. Thanks Paul Q (and Paul C).
    I'll be selling some kit over the next few months to recoup the TOCA's purchase price (note the stripped back signaure).

• I'm glad its gone to a good home.........thanks Ben.

• Fantastic, you may not want to say too often that you cry over Beethoven, especially if your still just wearing your underpants.
  • Isn't it protocol to close a FS thread once the item is sold, rather than to probe how undressed the buyer has become subsequent to purchase...?
    Ban this sick filth! This place is going downhill fast!
    X_X
  • Certainly, Ben.

Thread closed ;-)
This discussion has been closed.