Gloucester blues festival

First proper night...

I'm at The Fountain Inn waiting for DB Smith and his band to kick off.

Love this festival: All free gigs put on at various pubs and venues across the city centre for over a week. Really good atmosphere. :-)

Comments

• Sounds good Ben.  Must see if I can get over for an evening!
  • That does sound good.
  • Sounds good Ben.  Must see if I can get over for an evening!
    Let me know if you do Paul!
  • That does sound good.
    There's no huge names, but everyone i've seen perform over the years has been at least good.
    Some really good ol' fashioned slide guitar licks and harp action last night. I left with a huge grin. :-)
  • That does sound good.
    There's no huge names, but everyone i've seen perform over the years has been at least good.
    Some really good ol' fashioned slide guitar licks and harp action last night. I left with a huge grin. :-)
    There's something nice about a kind of local festival that draws you into venues for free.

I'm not a great fan of the kind of festival that's just a collection of individually paid-for events. Doesn't seem like a festival to me.
  • Yes indeed Dave. The free at point of delivery nature of the Glaws festival makes it what it is really in terms of atmosphere. Not least it ensures that all the gigs are well supported. :-)
  • Maybe I'll have to haul the Rosam arse up there one year.
  • edited August 2014
    Well, the festival is over.

I enjoyed this one more than any other since I moved to Gloucester in 2001...! :-)
    I attended loads of stuff over the 10 days. Day and night! :-) (Thanks to Mrs. Foster for granting so many hall passes.)
    Lots of good stuff from across the blues spectrum and the weather was largely pefect.
    I'm not one for videoing things, but did happen to video one or two of the acts I saw. Anyone interested can look below. (My own personal highlight was the lengthy harp solo from the Rumblestrutters, the second half of which I caught on video and which appears at 4:05 on the clip...)

I don't have anything to do with the festival other than enthusiastically attending... :-)