New Audio Products and Life after Retirement.

edited July 2014 in Members' blogs
Well after most enjoyable time working for my last company it was decided the workload was too much (coal sack lifting) The directors let me retire early, and have encouraged my passion for design to start up on my own but in a very small way ( otherwise I'll get bored).

I am happy to say I will still be helping in some minor consultation work for them and a few more designs (small, yer right). I will find that fun.

I hope they do not miss my singing but I am sure I can get them a copy of it if I ask Simon nicely. (cabbages thrown)  

So I will be making bespoke A Class products first and maybe easy to build, not so complex, kits for some of them. This will include Power Amplifiers followed quickly by Pre-Amplifiers, and as I said possible kits for less complex designs.

So after I move in on Wednesday the 30th July 2014 and sort the rooms out and find a place for the coffee pot, I will start on Project 1.

So watch this space, I hope I can fill it with nice goodies from my new venture. Name to be decided, no not Green Goddess and Brown Enterprises & Sons. 

Thank you all for you wonderful encouragement and the lovely Directors of my last employment :-D

P.S. It only a 5 minute drive from home and no floods to swim across like last year. And I have windows to watch the apple trees being chop down for fire wood. I have alway said a good apple is a burning apple 
:-))

Comments

• I'm sure you'll get lots of support from Chews Col.

Looking forward to hearing some ground-breaking (literally) Class As :-)
  • Sonic booms for ever.  ;-)
  • Huh??
  • Happy semi retirement Colin!
    Looking forward to the journey .
  • A bit worried as all new venture can be hard.
    But thanks James how is the monster?
  • edited July 2014
    Col,

All the best with your new venture,  C-14 (I won't charge for the branding work). You have the ideas to make this fly, you pretty well built the last >million pound company on the back of a good idea or two, it's just a shame of some the bigger ones didn't make full production.

I hope you have a lot more fun now you're in the driving seat! If there's anything Chewsters can do to help, do give a shout, I for am most interested what you do. The kits sound like an awesome idea.

You deserve this. Your post is full of grace and shows the type of person you are. Have fun!

• Col,
    I am aware that leaving TQ has negative aspects.
    Clearly you remain driven and with some hope. My hope is that you can grow those. :-)
    I'm happy to rent out my living room (mates rates) as the "test suite" for the soon to be formed "Wonfor Industries". ;-)

• My first reaction was shock but of course like everyone else I also wish u all the best mate.
    No doubt whatever u put ur mind to will be an interesting and exciting venture for everyone.

Hope u have fun doing it Col, all the best :)
  • The monster? Don't you mean frigging battleship?

• Good luck Colin i'm sure it won't be needed from your past performances. Kits now i like the sound of that and support for the toca as well .   ;)
  • Yes, kits are good for me as well.

• edited July 2014
    Well moved into the new office on Wednesday , well all the rubble on the floor is the kit I need today tidy up and set the PC's up, hard work angina playing games, old bones squeak and I hurt in funny places.
    I like to thank the lads and the van driver for there help in carry stuff in and upstair on a very hot day.
  • Oh I also drove over my first Apple it did Pad around a bit so I reversed over it a couple of times, squashed. 
  • edited July 2014
    Can,t get the funny faces to paste up. OK what have done or not done???

• edited July 2014
    Teh funnies are a bit funny!

They do that funny thing where they go on the next line down & can't be moved. Then the text goes funny after that...

:D
  • edited July 2014
    What I said above was:  They do that funny thing where they go on the next line down & can't be moved. Then the text goes funny after that...
  • Something ain't right... :-/
  • It was Mr Brown he broke it trying to out Dragons on the page. (he he he)
  • I broke teh internetz! Needs more cats...
  • Silly buggers!
  • Well Col, is the ground in Somersert ready to shake to class A once more?

I can't wait to see what ingenious devices of monstrous power you come up with this time!
  • It will not be Green in colour.
  • I think he's entering his lilac phase.

Col the power crazed madman is going for 30 watts into 8, 42 into 4 from a transistor SECA amplifier! That should be pretty impressive whatever the colour!

For too good for the general public, I say...
  • 42 watts from a lilac coloured class A amp?
    Pfft. I'll believe it when i hear it.
  • edited August 2014
    42 watts from a lilac coloured class A amp?
    Well Ben funny you should say that, I have decided to move to the USA, so you may never hear it.
    Just waiting for the final word for which  "I'll believe it when I hear it." like all other promises they mean nothing until wanted and fulfilled.
    I am forced to becoming a bitter twisted old man.

So it is time to jump.

• edited August 2014
    42 watts from a lilac coloured class A amp?
    Well Ben funny you should say that, I have decided to move to the USA, so you may never hear it.
    Just waiting for the final word for which  "I'll believe it when I hear it." like all other promises they mean nothing until wanted and fulfilled.
    I am forced to becoming a bitter twisted old man.

So it is time to jump.

For real...?
    Your leaving the country?
    On whose final word are you waiting?
    You'll be hugely missed. :-(
  • Colin may be upset, he may be angry. He could possibly be betrayed and stomped upon and slandered. But he will not remain a bitter or twisted person because he is stronger and better than most.

Whether a new venture is the answer or perhaps a quiet life somewhere else, he will always have the respect of his friends, and his dignity.

I don't know everything that has happened to Colin recently, nor will I. But I do know 'The Wonf' is tougher and more driven than those who have/would take advantage of him, he has proved this before. You cannot stop ideas, or underestimate the value of true friends. Colin has both.

This why I know he will never he will not be a bitter and twisted old man.