Ben's confusion and Chris' grand entrance

This discussion was created from comments split from: New Audio Products and Life after Retirement..

Comments

• I've returned from holiday and can't made head nor tail of recent chews posts...?
    Have I left my brain in Tuscany...?

• Possibly. And a percentage of our posts are reputed to be in English ;-)
  • So, apart from the linguistic challenges, what's causing you problems?

We are, after all, a supportive community ;-) (that means, of course, we'll only take the piss a little)
  • Well specifically, I'm still confused as to the puchline of your TDS sale thread (I don't know who the buyer is or what amp he bought from Alan), and I have no idea what the Spanish link in this thread is.
    It's not unusual for me to be bemused. I have developed strategies to manage it. :-)
  • The buyer is not a Chewer, although he found the ad here. I'll let him identify himself in time, as he says he's going to join Chews.

He's a very nice chap from London who seems overjoyed with his purchase. And I'm really happy they've gone to someone who really seems to appreciate them - they're being run into some modded Quad ESL 57s.

I had a nibble from AoS, too, but the TDSs had already gone by that time.

The TDS owner (now), by chance, bought a T-amp from Alan four years ago.

Does that help, oh cognitively challenged one?
  • Ah, Ben.

How the tables have turned!
  • Dave, it took me four years of hard work preparing the ground and setting up the sale for you. Looking forward to my bonus, oh generous one!
  • A large bag of greens (not greenbacks, before you say it) await your presence.
  • Think I'll take a credit note...
  • 'To whom it may concern

Mr Alan Brown is a very creditable member of the Audio Chews Home for Hi-Fi Loonies.

Yours faithfully

Mr David Rosam
    Chief Loony and Herder of Cats'

Is that OK for you?
  • I shall frame it and put it up on the wall!

:(|)
  • The buyer is not a Chewer, although he found the ad here. I'll let him identify himself in time, as he says he's going to join Chews.

He's a very nice chap from London who seems overjoyed with his purchase. And I'm really happy they've gone to someone who really seems to appreciate them - they're being run into some modded Quad ESL 57s.

I had a nibble from AoS, too, but the TDSs had already gone by that time.

The TDS owner (now), by chance, bought a T-amp from Alan four years ago.

Does that help, oh cognitively challenged one?
    Is it a mineral...?

• A large bag of greens (not greenbacks, before you say it) await your presence.
    Alan try for the Green Goddess Dave hates it so much now he has heard the T Amp he he   :D
  • Just waiting for the Green God ;-)
  • Hello chaps
    I am a very happy man  from Bermondsey who stayed up far too late last night enjoying one very fine 22 year old (amp) partnering a pair of equally fine 18 year olds (ESLs).

But seriously Dave, thanks for the intro and for passing them on.
    Good home found and cup of tea waiting in Bermondsey for anyone who would like to come up to the big smoke for a look see.

• Hi Chris

Welcome to the Loony Bin :-)

I may well come up and see you sometime, for one.
  • So it's not a mineral...?
  • Oh, and in contrast, here's Dave as he welcomes all newbies to the unrelenting festivity that is 'chews...

• Welcome Chris, from the chappess of the odd consortium of folks that is Chews :-)
    Can you give us a bit of a low-down on what you're listening to your new-old set-up?
  • Now that's what I call a warm welcome!

And strangely enough the new-old set up gets a fair bit of old and new thrown at it as well. 

The 'old' first - this is proper old music/early music...renaissance to early Baroque...very taken with a HIP group called L'Arpeggiata right now. Highly recommended if you like a little world influence with your Monteverdi. Oh and btw HIP= Historically Informed Performance not hip as in groovy..
    On the groovy tunes side FKA twigs (really) has just caught my interest but she might be a little too exciting for my advanced years in which case Alison Goldfrapp generally hits the spot.
    Paints a picture I suspect, just not a very attractive one.....
    And one final thought, the Statement was shaking the Quads last night with Leni Stern - Jelell - worth checking out this one on Spotify just for the African drumming....
    Ok time to get back to work - but thanks again