We're sorry Audio Chews is running slowly - now fixed

edited February 2011 in Parish notices
It seems Audio Chews is running very slowly today. We're sorry about that.

My first thought was that it's a hosting problem, but it doesn't look like a database problem, if I understand the data I'm looking at. 

I think I'll need to switch off all the plug-ins and switch them in one at a time to see if one is causing the problem.

But before that, I'll need to upgrade to the latest version of Vanilla.

I may get the upgrade done late this afternoon, but realistically, everything will have to wait until this evening.

We'll get normal service back as soon as possible.

Comments

• I've upgraded Vanilla, but the site doesn't seem to be any faster.

I'm now going to try switching off the plug-ins. You may notice some facilities missing while I experiment.
  • So far, no solution. I'm sorry about that.
  • Not your fault - nothing to be sorry for. Thanks for your efforts Dave, but don't get wound up over it.
    :-??
  • Thanks, Alan

I have to use the site, as well. Is that a good enough reason to get it right? ;-)

So far our hosts at Heart Internet haven't come up with any workable solution, but it's in their court at the moment.
  • edited February 2011
    ^:)^
    Thanks for all your effort Dave.
    On my iPhone, speed seems normal, but avatars have gone (was that a plug-in).
  • I think a few bits are switched off while fiddling takes place, but your avatar is gone Ben even though the others are still here.

We don't have individual signatures or a 'who's online' list at the moment either, but the forum is newly upgraded. Can't you hear the inky blackness?
  • It's like Dave is here with me in the room...

... X_X
  • After a little prodding, our hosts at Heart Internet have located the problem - another site on the same server consuming too many resources. 

I'll get the plug-ins reinstalled over the next 24 hours - some seem to have disappeared with the upgrade, so I may have to check if they're still compatible or we're waiting for updates. I suspect it's nothing serious.
  • I think I've got all the plug-ins back in place.

Please tell me if anything's still not working as it was.
  • Well done our Dave!
    :-D
  • Thank you, kind sir!  (*)