B&W Society of Sound

edited March 2011 in Other music
Should I buy a subscription?

Comments

• Jason thinks highly of them IIRC.

But he likes Michael Buble!
  • Yes. Let's forget about Bubbs, shall we? :-)

I think it's Ben, although I could be both of them.
  • I subscribe to them. There are some intersting music there. I joined to get Peter Gabriel's recent album and I have sownloaded pretty much everything in there, and by doing that I have discovered much new music.

Best wishes,
    Peter
  • Thanks Peter

Is it worth 6 months or a year?
  • edited March 2011
    I think that you get access to everything in there with a subscription + 2-3 new offerings every month or so. So a 6-month long subscription would probably be worthwhile. But check what they actually offer. If your music taste is limited to one genre or so, you may not like what you get. There are lots of artists I know nothing about.

I think it is worth it  - as long as downloadable cd quality music (and hi res) is difficult to locate.

Best wishes,
    Peter
  • Yeah. There's a fair amount that I can see that I would listen to. Maybe not much of the classical, but I can download it and see what works for me.
  • Jason thinks highly of them IIRC.

But he likes Michael Buble!
    I've just seen that insult!
    Don't be dissing the Bub, and that goes for you too Dave - he has a sweet voice and is a polite and upstanding young man...

Yes, I have enjoyed my year's subscription to SoS. I would say I got a hit rate of about 50% in terms of stuff I liked, and almost all of it, even the stuff I hated, was really good quality and well recorded.
    Will I renew for another year when it ends in a few weeks? Yes I think I will.

Jason
  • That's a big thumbs-up. Thanks Jason.
  • Ditto.

FYI, my 5 yr old son loves MB - call me irresponsible. It's his favourite. I quite like it also....(don't tell Dave)