On repeat

So, what track have you most had on repeat in 2015? 

For me, these are likely to be either a) something I can dance round the kitchen to, or b) something I can wail in the car. 
This year's contenders include:
Elbow: Grounds for Divorce
Nick Cave: Hallejulah 
Rotary Connection: A-Muse  

But pipped to the post by a late contender: Dreadzone: Too Late 
Doubtless in anticipation of hearing it live in spring 2016 :-)

Comments

• Nice thead.
    A clear choice for me:
    Keith Hudson: Blood Brother
    It's immense bass has made it very addictive for me.
  • For me it has to be the rather heavy rock outing from the band Promordial (To The Nameless Dead). The mix of shear power allied to Irish folk rhythms has a very visceral appeal. More for the car than home though, as the recording quality is a rather extreme example of the overblown "sound wars" standard.
  • Repeat?  I haven't got round to repeating anything much yet!  Still working my way through my music collection!  
  • I've been struggling with this, but I think I have two, neither of which are jazz!

Mbongwana Star - From Kinshasa

The most exciting African music I've heard in a while.

Lumen Drones - Lumen Drones

Stavanger Fiddle, electric guitar and drums. Sounds both like you'd expect and a complete surprise at the same time!

There may be more to come.
  • Excellent to read this has been a bit of a head scratcher :-)
  • I could add some that aren't from 2015. That was part of the problem.
  • Ah, I see. You're a purist
  • Several of my choices are oldies that just insisted on making themselves reknown to me in 2015.
    Does that help or hinder??
  • Suzy6toes said:
    Ah, I see. You're a purist

Always ;-)
  • Suzy6toes said:
    Several of my choices are oldies that just insisted on making themselves reknown to me in 2015. Does that help or hinder??
    It may just open the floodgates...
  • uglymusic said: (edited)
    I've been struggling with this, but I think I have two, neither of which are jazz!

Stavanger Fiddle, electric guitar and drums. Sounds both like you'd expect and a complete surprise at the same time!

I gave this a listen late last night out of curiosity. I had just watched The Revenant, if you are unfaniliar with the film it's filled with wide open, inhospitable landscapes, cruelty and despair. The Lumen Drones slipped in very appropriately and some tracks could have easily been used in the film.
    I'm not saying the music is miserable, far from it but seemed an eloquent protraction of the film's backdrop ambience.

• cj66 said:
    uglymusic said: (edited)
    I've been struggling with this, but I think I have two, neither of which are jazz!

I gave this a listen late last night out of curiosity. I had just watched The Revenant, if you are unfaniliar with the film it's filled with wide open, inhospitable landscapes, cruelty and despair. The Lumen Drones slipped in very appropriately and some tracks could have easily been used in the film.
    I'm not saying the music is miserable, far from it but seemed an eloquent protraction of the film's backdrop ambience.
    I don't know the movie, but I'll see if I can find it.

I know what you mean about the landscapes, though. And I don't think it's miserable, either.

Will you listen to it again?
  • I'd have to be in the right mood but yes.