High Resolution - Another fine mess.....

edited March 2011 in Digital
I seem to have caused an interesting little debate - quite unintentionally I might add - about the merit of a certain list of 96 & 192 files available to audiophiles. The album list is tremendous, but the source is unclear. It seems the legality is also in question now!

Quite an interesting read nonetheless:  http://www.computeraudiophile.com/content/MAHERphile-re-masters-192-great-list-albums-incl-Led-Zep

Any comments from this side of the pond? I doubt anyone has tried these as just getting them is a bit of a faff - no downloads!

Comments

• It looks as if the RIAA may have stepped in. There don't appear to be any recordings on that site any more.
  • Ooo, you wasps' nest poker :-)  He's taken his www down now I see.  Shame, I'd have liked to have a listen to some of the tracks.  Did you try any in the end Alan?
    Andy
  • You be careful with that poker, y'hear?  O:)
  • No, I didn't. The speculation was he had digitized vinyl - I don't really see the point in buying that when I have a decent digital front end. I took the view that I could have put a vinyl one together & listened to the LPs properly.

He (the man himself) has posted now, explaining why he has taken the files down himself. He hides behind a bluster of righteous indignation, but there was more than enough to worry him from a legal POV in the preceding discussion IMO. He almost certainly had crossed a line.

Interestingly, the files are re-sampled CDs. I can do that in AudioMidi!
  • See what you started!  :)