RPis, DLNA, servers and stuff
I've been a bit quiet about my digital front end recently, mainly because I couldn't get the RPi 3/IQaudio DAC combo to work!
I sat back and let the software elves get their stuff up to date before going any further (that's also Daveish for 'didn't have the time' ;-) ).
Anyway, a pukka RPi 3 version of Rune Audio is now available. I put it on the 3, but still couldn't get the DAC to work.
I swapped the DAC to the 2 and the HiFi Berry Digi+ board to the 3. Everything now worked. Except it didn't look as if either Pi was indexing the music on my server. Weird.
I was feeling a bit impatient so I decided to go down the DLNA route. I'd noticed that Synology's own server seemed to be DLNA compliant, so I tried that rather than muck about with Minimserver again.
So currently I'm using DLNA to stream music, with the Synology server, Linn Kinsky on the iPhone and Rune Audio on the 3, feeding the Young DAC.
The 2 is currently sidelined, as I stupidly unplugged its power supply without powering down Volumio and the software seems to have been corrupted. I'm probably going to install RA on the 2, too, as I notice the AirPlay availability on the 3 is much better. That's for another day. And then I can get on with getting the IQaudio DAC burnt in.
BTW I'm not too keen on Kinsky. It's a bit klunky.