Listening to ...

1149150151152153155»

Comments

• Dollops of all sorts of peeps there - shall have to do some more listening. Thanks for that, Ben.
  • 23 Skidoo - Seven Songs

Somewhere around The Pop Group and Gang of Four, but better realised than either, I think.
  • Docfoster said:
    Spike! My all-time comic hero.
  • One of the all time best! I saw much of his TV sketches as a kid and although hilarious then, when you back to them as an adult they have an extra depth and lunacy that really sets him apart.
  • cj66 said:
    One of the all time best! I saw much of his TV sketches as a kid and although hilarious then, when you back to them as an adult they have an extra depth and lunacy that really sets him apart.
    My Dad had three comic heroes. Tommy Cooper, Stanley Unwin and Spike. All three have left a lingering stain on my psyche to this day.
  • Odean Pope - Out for a Walk

• Odyssey, the band - Back In Time

Amazed to see one of James Blood Ulmer's finest (one of the Village Voice's top jazz albums from 2006) is not represented on YT!

His name, incidentally, doesn't appear on the cover because this is an improvising trio, with violinist Charles Burnham and drummer Warren Benbow. They grab hold of the blues and chuck it way, way over there!