WTD: Royd Minstrels

After some Royds, speakers that is, let me know if you have any Minstrels you would let go.

Comments

• edited November 9
    All the best with your search, Rob. They’re graceful looking speakers aren’t they...?
    I notice a couple of pairs on eBay. Looks like prices have risen slightly since I last looked. Good 2nd hand hifi looks like a good investment these days!
  • Thanks, looks like I've found a set for a rather good price. They do look rather different, but I think that adds to the charm. I doubt the other half will agree tho, but I've dragged worse into the house. In fact I think my worse was a set of mission 761cabinets that I 'modded' with monitor audio gr10 drivers and tweeters and B&W 600 series crossovers.
  • Thanks, looks like I've found a set for a rather good price. They do look rather different, but I think that adds to the charm. I doubt the other half will agree tho, but I've dragged worse into the house. In fact I think my worse was a set of mission 761cabinets that I 'modded' with monitor audio gr10 drivers and tweeters and B&W 600 series crossovers.
    A real Frankenstein's monster...! :D How did they sound?
    Can't agree more about the Minstrels. I think they're lovely looking (never owned a pair, though).
    Glad you've found a pair.
  • They sounded incredibly bad  :D
  • I cohabited with a pair of Minstrels for years. They're one of those speakers that have a few downsides that some can't live with, but the upsides are so overwhelming you soon forget there's anything wrong at all.

Oh, and I replaced them with my current Royd RR3s, which, while I keep thinking I want a pair of floorstanders, I can't see myself ever getting rid of.

You're starting off on a long and dodgy road, Rob!
  • Well I do know of some RR2's for sale if you feel tempted  ;)
  • I'm not up for the full collection :-)