Passive Attenuator/Pre amp: EVA 2 LDR

13»

Comments

• I thought (as its raining & I'm sitting in the van) a little update might be in order here. Someone may google this looking for info one day.

Well as I use a Lightspeed now, I decided to sell my EVA on, and after giving it a thoroughly inadequate test on the office system (upstream of an integrated amp) I advertised it here and elsewhere. It sold to a nice chap down the road in Shoreham, and I duly dropped it off.

Next day I got a text saying it sounded great but was 4dB down on one channel! So I picked it up next day and refunded my disappointed punter.

The thing is, reading around on the web, my EVA and Dave's (@uglymusic) aren't the only units by any stretch to have failed, whilst it seems the Lightspeed and its variants are much more reliable. I guess the lesson is EVA is a great intro to LDRs and a raging bargain for the £150 - £200 or so they cost, but they may not be such a reliable thing in the longer term.
  • Well said, Alan.

Mine has proved to be a total loss for me, and has had one round trip back to the far east for fixing.

I wonder about the design.
  • edited May 2012
    Yup, I think you may be right. Still, I dont regret my dalliance with EVAas she has led me to better things.