Munich Show - Anything Interesting?

edited May 2011 in Other hi-fi gear
Well, I didn't go, and if I did I might not be let through the door (being the proud owner of my modest little midi system), but the nerd in me is still interested. This thread is to encourage those who did ( @coops ) to post some pictures, and for anyone else to post links to photos elsewhere.

(Although I don't have an analogue front end myself - I must confess to enjoying the almost artistic/sculptural beauty of turntables - in the same way I always reckon a Drum Set is a beautiful thing)

Below is a link from our new mate @Brain_Dead who has hosted his pics on facebook. I'm not a booker of faces myself, so you'll have to shout if this link doesn't work for you, and we'll try to sort something out. Or better still, link to some pics yourself! There were some linked from PFM I think.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.117059528378817.29073.100002243128628

Comments

• Alan Hi, sadly I didn't take any photos, our day trip was a bit of a disaster courtesy of Easy jet and a broken plane, we didn't actually get to the show until 3.30pm, so only had a few hours there.
    Running around was quite interesting though because you had an instant snapshot of the sound of each room.
    You have to go, but in short, horns sound more real, everything else is HiFi
    Keith.
  • Hi Alan and Coops,

I spent 5 days there 4 for the show one packing the room.
    It was far to hot for me, so I was followed by a small river everywhere I went, topped up with cold beer the night before, and currywurst mmmm.
    Some interesting things The Trilogy room look nice and normal and was the coolest room there, Nic was enthusiastic as he always is.
    Some amazing turntable and in 1 room a whole wall was taken up by them, my understanding (heck not) wife thought it looked like a room for cooking pots, so saying yes dear we moved on.
    Some weird looking but nice sounding speaker designs, lots of colour mostly black or the brushed cooking pot look.
    Tim from Ear was there had a delightful  chat in the garden with him about hospitals and music, not spoke to him for 30yrs so lots to catch up with.
    Uncle Stan Curtis and I had a lovely catch up chat and giggles it was like the time had never past, charming man.
    My dear old friend Malcolm Stewart was there not looking great but still with a wicked sense of humour, shame his wife stayed at home, she is a lovely person.
    The Brits, had a few companies there and Cambridge Audio was a very warm welcome for me, and the old mates from Naim nearly broke my hand off.
    The French lads running the Storm Audio room were great fun and wicked changing cables from the French made set to a UK brand mid session upset the French Cable Lady whoops it did sound better though.
    CH a Switz based company, showed a CD and DAC system that even in this environment of a show was amazing, Thierry Heeb  there digital lies designer was amazing flicking from one lingo to another mid sentence, and he had the biggest smile at the show.
    Aurelia Loudspeaker shared a room with Storm Audio, nice elegant design with a superb sound stage and clarity that sounded the best for me at this show, other than my room of coarse he he. Well worth looking at.
    I would also like to thank Claus Futtrup from Scanspeak for a very useful chat on speaker designs, and also like to thank Jurgen Harpain from Fisher Electronik for the useful tips on chassis designs.
    Horn speakers have grown way to big for most room so why do designer keep making them bigger, and ugly with this stuffed full of cold sound eeuck.
    The show had a poor attendance for such a huge venue, food, drink was a rip of price but it was clean.
    Well better stop the rambling, there are lots of pics out there some are amazing, and now for breakfast

Regards

Col. 
    :D
  • Thanks Colin for sharing - it looks like you had a seriously busy time! So glad you had a good time though.

I'll have a look at those pics when we get back from riding steam trains (I don't know who is more excited - me or the children....)
  • Hi Alan,

Which steam train? I love them to.

Col
  • edited May 2011
    Hi Col,

It was Minehead to Watchett today, and a drive through Dulverton - Back tomorrow for a cream tea I think!
  • You are not far from me in Somerset you should call in for a giggle.
    Best Col
  • edited May 2011
    That sounds more than a little cheeky!
    :">

Sounds great Col, but I don't think I could pull that one off with my wife! Did I forget to mention I also have three kids under 6 as well? Thanks for the kind offer though, I hope we will meet someday.
  • Yikes more fun than any man deserves mine are gone 32,26,23 yrs old, miss them like hell.
    Have great time,
    Best Col