Beastie Boys - Ill Communication.

(What is this? 1996?!)
    (How old am I? 17?!)
  • Adele 21  LP
    Rumer   seasons of my soul  LP
    Loreena Mckennet   the wind that shakes the barley LP
  • Keith Jarrett Trio - Somewhere Before
    Michael Garrick Trio - Moonscape

Yup. Still in that piano groove here at Ugly Towers.
  • 100 Year Thing - Chris Stills (Son of Stephen Stills)

The Fully Celebrated - Drunk On The Blood Of The Holy Ones

Eric Bibb - Home To Me
  • @Alan, you are at least one-third a man of taste  :-D
  • Yep. You are completely potty, my friend :-)
  • pantha du prince  'diamond daze'  give your bass speakers a workout !!
  • Porcupine Tree - Signify on double LP
    Cats Eyes - Cats Eyes
    Alison Krauss and Union Station - New Favorite
    Danger Mouse - Rome
    Kate Bush - Directors Cut
    Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues on double LP
    Yuck - Yuck on LP
  • And have you come to any conclusions about them yet?
  • edited June 2011
    Porcupine Tree is another amazing pressing purchased from Burning Shed. Sounds fantastic.

Krauss has rarely been off the stereo and in the car. I really need to investigate more of this Blue grass.

The rest I've only listened to once so the jury is out but all seem fine albums but very different in style....

I need to slow down my purchases of music to avoid just listening to them once or twice......

I've also just bought the new Arctic Monkeys album which sounds like a return to form and the new Blondie album which is absolute rubbish, however, the magazine it came with is a good read.....!
  • Funny you should say that about the Arctic Monkeys. As someone who's never been pro or anti, I thought they were really good on Later the other week.
  • How's the Hiatt?

I have Bring the Family and love it. But some of the other stuff I've heard from him has been too country for my tastes.
  • edited June 2011
    I also love Bring The Family, but haven't heard anything else yet. I think there's another Hiatt  in the post too - it'll take me a while to catch up.

I listened on Spotti, and must have liked it - seeing as I bought it. I cannot remember it though...
  • Hugh Laurie- let them talk, on vinyl
    Very good LP, if you don't have this, get it!
  • I heard some of this on tha French Internet radio station, and was surprised at how good it was - talented man.
  • @Alan. Just noticed the John Martyn - it was showing as a question mark last night.

What's that like?
  • I'll let you know when I hear it....
    That one is on recommendation TBH. The amazon review was quite positive though, and a very good line up too. It might be on spotti?
    :-S
  • 5,6,7,8's debut LP , superb recording, sound like they walked into a hall or warehouse and just pugged in and played,
    :-D