Tim de Parvincini did TRANSISTORS ! Should I recreat my 1980s system ?

edited July 2011 in Systems
With my revived 1980sPink Triangle anticipated , with no budget , I need a phono stage and different speakers 'cos the Linn Classik Movie baulks at my tiny RCLs .

I dug out my Heybrook C2 / P2 - bought in the 80s specifically to drive my SMGa's and RCLs . Probably Tim de Parvincini's sole foray into transistors , a kind of cross between my EAR 509s and Naim Nap 250 .

Worrying about alternative speakers as the Linn baulks at the RCLs , better phono etc , it struck me that the £300 earned from e-bay sales could revive either the C2 / P2 or the Integra - with a phono stage I was quite content with in the past .

Maybe the Integra won't wring the ultimate from the PT , but it will bring back the music .

Proposed system -
Pink Triangle  F.XR . Grace or Grado [ maybe MusicMaker ]
Integra or C2 P2 .
RCL Small Lodspeaker [ maybe Arcaydis DM1  later ]

If it was good enough before , it will be good enough now .

dee

Comments

• Tim D P is one of those names that seems to be associated with nothing that sounds bad, so that is probably a tempting option. I understand he can make just about anything sing.

I still would love to hear some EAR 509s.
  • Tim does not do fashinable , so the designs tend to last - none of the dryness of the Naim but plenty of current .
    I seem to latch onto the obscure - Heybrook amps and RCL speakers , up with the best in their time , but overlooked and short lived . My Heybrooks were all ex-dem - probably 'cos the styling was wierd .
    I shall sort some pics .
  • Tim D P is one of those names that seems to be associated with nothing that sounds bad, so that is probably a tempting option. I understand he can make just about anything sing.

I still would love to hear some EAR 509s.
    I second Alan,s point of view about Tim,s work, He design an amazing MC transformer once, clever guy, I had a long chat with him at Munich and he is still all there amazing man.
  • Sweet Bavarian music Col? As in oompah?

And you were recently knocking Piano music????
  • The sweet sound of good German beer being served and drunk, a lovely musical sound. And not a piano in sight.
    what a dream!
    As to cable yes you can feel the steel piano wires in side, I found it was the only musical use for such a ghastly device. And now we have to hunt down more of these evil black and white vermin down to make more UB cable, the wood is not wasted it is cut to size for the log burner in winter.
    Les Dawson was the only person to use the piano for it true and intended job, yes to make us laugh.
    It had good use also in silent movie days, so the audience  could not hear each other eating crisps. 
    Any other good use hints will be welcome.

1) TQ cable
    2) Winter warmer
    3) Hiding the sound of the crisp eating public (they did not have mobile phones then kids)
    4) Small Zebra crossing for pixie village.

Anymore????? 
  • edited July 2011
    Playing all the right notes but not necessarily in the right order?
  • edited July 2011
    And what a lovely noise he made, better than Mrs Mills.

Playing all the right notes but not necessarily in the right order?
    Sounds like me cor thanks
  • FWIW a certain Mr Dunn alledgely said Mr Tim was a genius. High praise indeed from another alledged genius !
  • FWIW a certain Mr Dunn alledgely said Mr Tim was a genius. High praise indeed from another alledged genius !
    He has been heard to utter words to that effect many times (when I was still allowed in his presence).

That reminds me, I must get RD to give me back my Albarry mono blocks. He doesn't even reply to my e-mails.