Vinyl. Again...

edited July 2011 in Analogue
I haven't turned on my vinyl front end (decca SG, pioneer pl-71 and nva phono 2) for at least 2 months. In all that time I've used only the TFS. The TFS blows me away regularly - louis armstrong's voice on my recently purchased 24/96 version of "Ella and Louis" is the best (most realistic) sound that my system has ever produced.
I genuinely don't want to start a new same-old twig on the old vinyl - digital debate tree. Both when done well are lovely and *almost* converge in many sonic aspects. I would find it difficult to pick from my 2 sources if they were presented as alternatives for a desert island castaway period.
But... There is lovely delicacy, poise and smoothness to my old LPs tonight that are pleasing to rediscover, again.

Comments

• Oh, shuddap!  :-D
  • good to hear you are back in the groove , there is something really nice about vinyl , its even better when a proper analogue recording is being spun, at the same time though i would recomend to any newb to the world of hi fi that a good digital system is the way to go unless they already have or  have just inherited a large-ish record collection,, i will still be spinning records if i reach 70 but hopefully will also be using some as yet undreamt of digital system that beams the signal right into my brain and gives a truly real presentation without a system in sight!
    :-"