Which fuse size for which piece of hifi

edited September 2011 in Systems
Hi,

It's probably been asked before here & on other hifi forums, but please could someone let me know the fuse sizes for the assorted pieces of hifi equipment.

I'm asking because we have had several power failures here in Yorkshire lately where I live & it got me to thinking about power surges & therefore fuse sizes.

Funnily enough my Esoteric SA60 universal disc player which is on 'standby' mode when not in use switches itself fully on when the power comes back on, being a non techie here please can someone also explain why this happens please.

Cheers,

willie G

Comments

• Funnily enough, we've had a few similar issues recently, and I have been very grateful of my Belkin. I can recommend the PF30 or PF40 if you see one cheap, and the improve the picture on your TV (but make amps sound rubbish).
    http://sites.thestar.com.my/audio/story.asp?file=/2008/4/5/audiofile/17belkin
  • In theory, the rating of the fuse is related to the power consumption of the piece of kit, so you probably need 3 or 5 amp fuses in your plugs. 

In practice, though, you'll probably find your fusebox tripping or the fuse inside the piece of hi-fi blowing before the plug fuse.

Alan's Belkin box sounds interesting, although these type of things just about always bugger up the amp's sound.