I went to see JuJu at the Barbican on Friday

edited September 2011 in Live music
Any of you who have downloaded the In Trance album by JuJu from B&W Society of Sound may be interested to know that SWMBO and I went to see them at the Barbican in London on Friday night.

They were fantastic. Absolutely incendiary, firing on all cylinders, put it as you may. Just like the album, only more so. They had an audience to play off, and they let rip. They had just about everyone standing up and shakin' their thang at the 100% seated venue. Fantastic!

Did I say I liked it? :-)

If you have a chance to see them and your tastes are in the rock/African/improvised areas, try to get to see them. You won't be disappointed.

I'll be looking for other gigs, I know that!

Comments

• Thanks dave. Will take a closer look...
  • Its a great album, I need to get to know them better. They certainly enjoy what they do, and it's infectious.
  • It was absolutely stunning.

I put some videos on my blog, but none of them approach the heights the band scaled last Friday.
  • Have had a listen to the "In Trance".
    I can see why it would have been an engaging gig. :-)
  • Notch it up as much as you can imagine, and that was probably the gig!

It took just a few notes of the album, the first time I played it, to realise this was something special. That doesn't happen very often.
  • Different for me. It's growing on me. Wasn't that struck the first time. I'm finding it quite infectious despite not really liking the vocals. :-/
    Love the energy.
  • At least it's growing...