For sale: weiss dac2

edited October 2011 in For sale
FS My superb as new condition Weiss dac2 - approx 18 months old bought from purite audio with box/manual/cd etc.
can be heard in my system - upgrading to Weiss dac 202 - £1,500.  Tel:  ***** *******

Edited: Thought it best not to put personal contact details like phone numbers up on a public forum - anyone can read this & use your details.

Best get in touch using personal messaging, more discreet.  I hope you don't mind the interference - Alan.

Moddin' & stuff.

Comments

• 202 eh? You lend a sorely needed dash of class to this forum! Best of luck with the sale of what is - by all accounts - a seriously great piece of kit.
  • Alan,

No problem of course you are right

I first heard a friends 202 about 9 months ago and was hooked - knew i just had to have one.

Cheers,  Dave
  • Bumpity.

No-one got pockets deep enough for Dave's DAC?

:-)
  • Sadly not, from my point of view. 
    Someone will get a great dac though!
    Matt.
  • Dont make me turn to flea bay   
    :-(
  • It shows on Arfa's site - Hifihunter.

I'd be patient & stick with the forums for at least another week if you can. You really need good photos to appeal though.
  • You know you want it, Mr B :-)
  • I have tried to post pics on here without success
  • Are they on photobucket or similar?

There's an announcement three down on the index page about pictures - if i doesn't work for you send Dave or me (Im out at work today) the photobucket link & we'll put them up for you.
  • Cheers Alan - i will give PB a try
  • PB or Flickr. Either (or just about any photo hosting service) will do.

just a check to see if the pic upload was working
  • Matt,

Looks just like mine only i use firewire input with 44.1 and Pure music with excellent results

Dave
  • hi Dave,
    i pinched the image from the weiss website, i was just checking to see if there was an issue with the image uploader, sadly i am not rich enough to own such a handsome bit of kit,will be nipping into my local emporium to get a listen to the MDAC soon though,
     good luck with shifting it , sure you will get a handsome sum for such a fine bit of kit,
    all the best,
    matt

There you go mate. Sorry, If I had more time I would have done it for right away!

If I may be so bold - Nice Rack!
    :>
  • Alan,

Thanks - your a gent.........but cant you guys make posting pics easier ?  pleeeeease.

The rack is a Quadraspire AV rack which was the only decent looking rack that i could find at the time to take the weight of the Graaf and get that and a macbook on the top.

It also has large casters so i can pull the system out to get round the back without unloading everything.

Cheers,  Dave

• TBH, it is pretty simple - just click the picture icon and paste in the URL of the file you want to display. Then click again. If you've got it right, the pic appears; if there's something wrong, you get a "?". If it's all OK, then click on Post.

It's just different from other platforms, and we can't change the way Vanilla works, unfortunately.

At what stage are you having problems, Dave?
  • well i do everything that you say right it seems untill i get to the little screen and when i submit there is a sort of grid with a cross inside a box but when i post the pics not there
  • I'm not sure I recognise that, Dave.

Maybe I'll do some screen captures as you're not the only member who has had problems posting pics here.
  • the grid is the auto crop facility, i only get that if i click on the pic before i hit 'post comment'

• Well, I never. You learn something new every day!

And I thought I knew Vanilla. Mind you, everything I post is 600px or less.
  • hi dave , yeah its quite a natty feature , saves having huge images sprawling over a thread post, must admit i didnt like vanilla at first but now i think its the way to go,
    :)
  • Glad you do. I like it a lot.
  • Now provisionally sold
  • Alan, ya missed it!
  • I never count me chickens but looking good awaiting cheque and clearance
  • I missed nothing - I was studiously ignoring it! Hope the sale goes through.
  • The 202 is something else    
    :-))
  • good stuff, what are you replacing with?
  • SOLD
    Well done Dave
  • The 202 is something else    
    :-))
    Fantastic. Is it a big step up from the DAC2? Are you using it direct into your power amp?
  • I would say a huge step up from the Dac 2 in every way.......a rolls royce of dacs very engaging and listenable.
    I am using it with a graaf gm50b integrated valve amp through a macbook pro using firewire which is the way to go with Weiss dacs.
  • There's a good portion of pure jealousy here in uglymusic Towers  ;-)
  • Ugly,

Just wish i could get the knack of posting some snaps  which you would love.  

Dave
    ~X(
  • I really must do those step-by-steps...
  • Please do fella
  • Real soon now  OR  Rigamortis setting-in now  ??        :p
This discussion has been closed.