DAC Attack!

edited December 2010 in Digital
'DAC Attack!' was a good title, so worth resurrecting. Dave & myself are looking for a new DAC, and are hoping to audition a few over the coming months. There have been a few contenders already, but the first heavyweight to become available on the market is this:

Looks good - hope it sounds as cool. I understand it is capable of shooting steel cutting lasers at anyone who tries to play an mp3 through it from that rather 'Knight Rider' matrix grille.

Anyhoo, the DAC is imminently available in the UK for the first time, with very limited supply - so this 1st post is a heads up to our resident UglyDave: Hello Daaaaaaaaave! Get yer wallet out...

Manual: http://www.tweekgeek.com/images/PDF/Young-user-manual-1-0.pdf

Edit: I tried to upload the manual below, but it is a largish file. I presume that is why it failed to work - though t does download. However in edit I can't remove the attachment as I "don't have permission to do that"! - Get her!

Comments

• Here's t'other main contender, BTW. It's a pre-production one.

• Thanks @Alan. So they've finally arrived.

You have managed to upload the manual, BTW. And I've downloaded it.
  • Good stuff, chief! I copied you in on some emails with Keith. You'd best say hello a bit sharpish...
  • Thanks. It's all under control.
  • That top one looks the biz. More Buck Rogers than Knight Rider though to my mind.
    384/32...? Good lord.
    How much is it?
    Ben
  • It appears that the rrp is £930. Have a chat with Keith (@coops of this parish) if you're interested.
  • You'll be able to tell me how it sounds very soon!
    I am still waiting to hear from Marco about drivers, I have some foe XP, but still waiting for Mac and 7.
    Happy New Year Everyone and may I wish you all a peaceful and prosperous New Year,
    Keith.
  • No Mac drivers???

I use a Mac for my audio server.