Cable's, Interconnects and Power Chords

PACPAC
edited January 2012 in For sale
Hi all.  I'm delighted to be able to offer all Audio Chews members up to 10% discount on all my products.  I have a registered business designing and making all sorts of audio cables, some from scratch, others using commercially available cables and connectors and offer a complete custom building service for all your cable needs at a fraction of high street costs.  I use evrything from good quality Klotz cables to high end Furutech cable, can design specifically for meeting specified S/N ratio's for kit in litz braid cables (OFC, Silver and gold/silver hybrid).  Prices vary depending on need but a few examples are given below:

IC's
Great quality Klotz IC's terminated on Neutrik RCA's per 1m pair = £42 delivered;

Furutech screened single ended IC's terminated in quality Furutech RCA's per 1m pair = £70 delivered;

Furutech High End balanced IC's using SA-22 Alpha technologies cable and top end Cardas eutectic heavily gold plated brass billet XLR's = £325 per 1m delivered (equivalent cables retail for twice that cost)

Klotz Quadcore balanced IC's terminated in Switchcraft gold plated XLR plugs = £70 per metre terminated pair

Litz balanced leads using Switchcrafts from £70 per metre pair depending on wire type and spec.

This is a small sample of what I am happy to provide.  I also make digital 75 and 110 Ohm cables terminated with most popular connectors from BNC's to RCA's and screened xlrs.

Power Chords:

At the top end I can supply 2m Furutech Alpha 3 cable with their very latest and top of the range IEC's/Plugs  at £565  (just have a look what Furutech Powerflux Powerchords are currently retailing for to put this into perspective!) but can go all the way down to £75 for a quality 2m powerchord using more modest cables and connectors, although still very good quality. I do a full range in Furutech from around £200 per 2m chord upwards.

Speaker Cables

I can make up bespoke speaker cables to individual requirements terminated in any connector of your choice and budget or can offer a termination service for anyone wanting to go down the route of buying their own cable and connectors (£15 plus P&P to terminate your cables).

I can provide excellent cable, usually in 2mm2 or larger section, such as the excellent Talk 3 cable, winner of numerous recent awards for a very modest sum fully terminated.

Please feel free to PM me with your exact requirements.  Any length IC or lead made to spec from 0.5m to 100m!

Generous discounts for multiple orders, and also happy to offer friendly helpful technical advice.

Comments

• The Furutech plugs and IEC connector for Europe and UK for power are excellent  we use them on our power cords.

• Well, after my first year spent making audio leads (that after a great deal of technical study and market research) on a part time basis, following an extended period of technical research, products trials and quality testing I've finally decided to take the plunge and go full time.

I've started a new company (Reference Fidelity Components) and hope to have a new website up and running in due course which I'll provide details of in due course.  Amongst bespoke RFC cables, there'll be offerings (some which I've detailed above) of custom assembled combinations of commercial stock which after many trials and great deal of very positive feedback work very well together to provide high quality very transparent interconnects to suit a wide variety of needs and budgets.  Ditto for speaker cables and power chords. 

The number one aim is the provision of excellent customer service and quality throughout the range at sensible real world prices.  This will be allied to the provision of cables which meet strict technical criteria for excellent performance and/or where the overwhelming feedback from trials has been positive when used in a wide range of systems.  For powerchords, in addition to quality, safety is my number one concern, so all leads will be made from recognised and extensively tested components, with high quality Furutech stock taking a lead role. I won't stock any lead that I haven't trialled myself and which doesn't make the grade in my own humble opinion.

I must be nuts.  Recession is still biting, I've given up a lucrative but stressful professional career of 25 years and taken up a niche market in a small part of component provision in a difficult industry, amongst believers and cable sceptics, and tough competition.  However, I'm a dedicated hifi enthusiast serving dedicated hifi enthusiasts and love every minute of it! 
  • I wish you every success with this, as you said it won't always be rewarding on the boards, but you've earned a lot of respect with no-nonsense posts and reasonable pricing.

Will you try to get into the shops, or just online?
  • Thanks Alan.  I'll be aiming in a few years to get some into the shops but for now I'm concentrating on web sales and negotiating with UK distributors of the products I use to try and get the best deals I can, so that value can be passed on in the finished products.  I do have a few good friends and contacts in the high end audio retail business who have all been very supportive (most of them having started on their own too). My experience to date is that it would be next to  impossible to make any profits in this business without fostering some great friendships and business contacts. My profit margins are extremely modest and the biggest criticism from those already in the trade that know me is that I don't charge enough!
  • PACPAC
    edited January 2012
    Good news folks.  I have secured an agreement to stock genuine Cardas components from the sole UK distributor, and have been granted permission to sell my leads using these components.  Whilst these will not be "Cardas" leads per se, they will use genuine Cardas connectors, which IMHO are about the best in the business.  They deserve high quality leads, and that's exactly what I pair them with.  These are remarkably engineered and the Golden XLR in particular is not only stunning to behold, but engineering perfection.  Screened against RFI, utilising heavy Rhodium plating on all contact surfaces, paired with a quality cable the improvement to detail and focus has to be heard to be believed (I have several recent customers who can attest to this in their systems).

I can offer these in a quality balanced lead using high quality Furutech Alpha technologies cable for stunning results.  Cost per 1m pair is circa £245:

Pictures:

• They look cool, Paul (sorry!).
  • Cheers Dave.  Not easy to get hold of those connectors as there's very limited UK stock but thankfully I have a reliable supply.
  • Well done.

My rig, like my personality is decidedly unbalanced (I'd thought I'd say that before someone in the choir pointed it out) 
    :D
  • In which case, I can supply all you unbalanced chaps with the same high quality Rhodium plated eutectic gold plated billet brass RCA's!!  I use the same high quality Furutech cable and price is somewhat less than for the balanced leads depending on which model Cardas RCA is used.
  • Those phonos you used on my interconnects were decidedly groovy.
  • Ah, that would be the WBT's.  Nice connectors, getting very expensive now, even wholesale.  I prefer the Cardas TBH Dave.  They look and feel substantial, will stand up to years of abuse, are about the finest quality out there.
  • Oh dear ;-)
  • PACPAC
    edited January 2012
    Reference Fidelity Components has just launched it's "reference" series of interconnects and powerchords. New product list just produced for 2012!

Please PM me if you'd like to receive the product list in pdf format.
  • Paul just made me a beautiful BNC digital lead, superbly Maputo together and it sounds great too, and he was QUICK!
    Thanks Paul
    KR Keith.
  • The leads Paul made for me are a very fine job, too.
  • Thank you kind Sir's (doff's imaginary cap), very kind of you both to say so.
  • New business email for enquiries and a copy of my latest product list: