Anyone planning to go to Scalford?

edited February 2012 in Systems
I'm planning my first visit to Scalford this year - the show's on Sunday 4th March.

Who else is going?

Comments

• Tempted,but a long way from me.

Paul.

• And from here. But staying over on Saturday night.
  • May be. If I do, I'd stay with my brother in Leicester.
  • Might be on the cards if I can get a car share on the day.  Left it too late to sort rooms out this year but wanted to bring my system.  Perhaps I'll do that next year.  I need two or three people just to help move each speaker, so not a practical proposition on my tod I'm afraid.
  • Car share thread?
  • May be. If I do, I'd stay with my brother in Leicester.
    You should, especially with a cheapo overnite. (I hate that spelling)

• You should, especially with a cheapo overnite. (I hate that spelling)
    Don't be a victim.
    ;-)
  • Me sir!  I'm going
    :-B
  • Did you get your lift sorted out?  :O)

• You should, especially with a cheapo overnite. (I hate that spelling)
    Don't be a victim.
    ;-)
    Not tonite, I won't be  >-)
  • It's the social aspect that appeals most to me.
    What day(s) will people be there? I may buy a round...

Quick Dave! Lock the thread before I take that back...
  • It's only one day, but @Jim and I are staying at a hotel close to the venue on Saturday.
  • Did you get your lift sorted out?  :O)

:-)) =))
  • I will probably go, will all chewers be wearing a bowler hat and carrying a copy of the Times?
    KR Keith.
  • Probably wearing a little more than than that, if truth be told  [..]
  • Oh yes. My bad.
    I think I'll likely be there. Just need to check with the wife, and check my brother's spare bed is free.
  • All being well I shall be there, ordered my badge from the guy at the Wam so feel free to introduce yourself, always nice to put a name to a face
  • Should've mentioned badge will say

Lee Henley
  • Pardon my ignorance, Lee, but what's this about badges?
  • Ive submitted my request for a full day pass out. It is currently being considered by the house diary committee :-? I stood outside for 8 hours today at my stepsons paintballing party.....must have earned me some serious brownie points surely? ^:)^
  • At least one day, I'd say.
  • Pardon my ignorance, Lee, but what's this about badges?
    There is a thread over on the Wam about having a badge, simply put the request in and bingo badge will be waiting when you get there!

• Cool. Shall investigate.
  • We don't need no steenking badges!
  • er, why not, Mr Jim, why not?
  • Hrumph! The things I have to put up with X_X
  • See you all there...I'll be trying to blow my Royds up again. :)
  • I've been wanting to hear them, having heard so much about them.
  • Having managed to wangle a 'pass' out for the day at great expense is anyone in the London area driving up to Scalford on the Sunday. Happy to meet up at convenient point and split costs.

Thanks Mervyn

• We're doing the orbital car park thing on Saturday, I'm afraid.
  • edited February 2012
    I've never been to Scalford, is it a show run by immoveable flat earthers? Is it actually run by companies selling HiFi equipment or just " enthusiasts" demonstrating their own kit?

regards Al
  • I think it's the latter. At least, I hope it's so :-)
  • edited February 2012
    I've never been to Scalford, is it a show run by immoveable flat earthers? Is it actually run by companies selling HiFi equipment or just " enthusiasts" demonstrating their own kit?

regards Al
    Went a couple of years ago. And it was almost completely the latter. The vast majority of rooms are private users, and there's a good range of kit makes and ages. It is a good event, a real enthusiasts atmosphere. Perhaps the best current hifi 'show'.
    I went a couple of years ago and Richard Dunn of NVA did run an NVA room (I think he made a sizeable contribution to do so, and I ended up buying some speakers from him), but most rooms are private users, and I think they pay a small fee. If you visit the internet forums you'll recognise a lot of the names on the doors at Scalford.
  • The names in the frames, and the scores on the doors? :D
  • Nice to hear you, to hear you...
  • The way they get the crowd involved in setting the volume level is fun too...
    ;-)
  • Cuddly toy...
  • Fondue set....towels....
  • ...Phillips music centre...
  • I'm doing a room at Scalford (1F 19).  Showing my main system, and another system that cost about £100 :-)

Please swing by and say hello to me or my buddy Mark.

BW,
    Andy
  • Will do. Your main system has something in common with mine, so I'll certainly be giving yours some attention  :O
  • Ive submitted my request for a full day pass out. It is currently being considered by the house diary committee :-? I stood outside for 8 hours today at my stepsons paintballing party.....must have earned me some serious brownie points surely? ^:)^

Pass granted....whoop whoop :-)
  • See you Sunday, then!
  • Not sure now.
    Family bereavement. :-(
    Still possible I'll make it... :-/
  • Sorry to hear about that Ben.

Keep us posted.
  • Thanks Dave.
  • Sorry to hear the news Ben, I hope not a very personal loss for you.
  • Thanks alan.
    My nan in cardiff. We were fairly close. She was 90 and happy to go. Still a blow though.
    Fortunately I saw her the day before and had a good chat.
    Tbh its the practical stuff that might push scalford off the agenda: I want to help my dad get her things in order, so Sunday may get swallowed up. We'll see how it goes.
    In any event, thanks for the sympathy. :-)