The Shat

edited May 2012 in Other stuff
Anyone catch the great Shat (William Shatner) presenting Have I Got News For You? I haven't larfed so much in ages, the man continues to be an utter genius. I heartily recommend looking for it on iPlayer if you missed it.

My favourate quote: "Have you been to Ilfracombe? The place is laced with prostitutes"!

Comments

• Agreed. He was hilarious. Best presenter in a long time.
  • Agreed. He was hilarious. Best presenter in a long time.
    +1
    I'd be interested to know whether he'd seen the show before. He claimed not to have watched it but seemed successfully tuned in to the show's climate and atmosphere 'from the get go' (as the transatlantics would put it). Although he pronounced Merton and Hislop's names wrongly at the end.
    Thinking about it, has he presented it before...?
  • That is just his humour, I think he just gets it. I seem to remember a Canadian award he was given, and his acceptance video was very funny (I will post it sometime). Also his role oin Boston Legal.
  • Yeah. I saw it, too. Always have the finger on the pulse, me :-)

He was memorably good.

(When I read the title of this discussion, I thought it was about someone else.)
  • Me too....I thought the words Vindaloo, cold sweats and 'up all night' were going to be involved :-SS
  • Just found out that Shat is 81 years old.
    Makes his performance last Friday all the more remarkable.
  • Bloody hell! You sure?
  • edited May 2012
    My dad claimed shatner was 82, but Wikipaedia has his birth date as march 1931.
  • Much about the same, then.
  • He 'da man, man! All those years in deep space were obviously good for him.
  • Living proof of Einstein's Theory of Relativity, he is :-)

AudioChews:  TrekOut or GetOut!
  • I'm not a trekkie. I watched several seconds of star trek the motion picture today. The shat's face had changed ain't it? Is that the ravages of time or of the surgeons scalpel...?
  • Dude! Don't shat the Shat!

It's many years exposure to dilithium radiation and a nasty reaction to kissing one of them alien babes...
  • edited June 2012

As promised, Shatner's acceptance speech for his lifetime achievement award from the governor of Canada.
  • edited June 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uakx1DuaztE

A Shat less Trek film but it is still wrecked. Not enough beam ups.

Read more about this poor fellow .