Guilty pleasures

edited June 2012 in Other music
On my way home in the car today I was singing my heart out with the inspiral carpets 'weakness'. I also have a penchant for early 90s rave music (altern8 anyone...?).
Now these are neither audiophile tunes nor audiophile recordings. Very far from it- They have had every inch of hifi life compressed out of them. Yet still they are pieces of music that make me smile. Behind closed doors.
Anyone else have any similar guilty or shame laden musical pleasures...?

Comments

• All of my collection! :-)
  • I loved Lulu's version of 'man who sold the world' far far too much on the radio, whilst driving in the sun on Wednesday.
  • And of that sordid pile what leaves you the most shame faced...?
  • I can't think of anything, off-hand. I'll give it some thought.
  • I loved Lulu's version of 'man who sold the world' far far too much on the radio, whilst driving in the sun on Wednesday.
    The solitude of the car is a terrible facilitator of this sort of thing is it not...?
    The solitude of the car is a terrible facilitator of this sort of thing is it not...?
    As long as you keep the windows closed ;-)
  • Got in my car tonight and was greeted to Kiss - Crazy crazy nights (windows firmly up)  ;))
  • Got in my car tonight and was greeted to Kiss - Crazy crazy nights (windows firmly up)  ;))
    Now we've started. Now we've started!
  • Oh I've got far worse than that in the locker Ben.....far worse X_X
  • I confess to liking Cher If I Could Turn Back Time

Really loud!
  • I confess to liking Cher If I Could Turn Back Time

Really loud!

Yeeeesssssss! Now there's a track.
  • edited June 2012
    Living on a prayer - Bon Jovi. Really loud with windows open....

• Open windows...?
    That sounds like pride rather than guilt.
    Steady boy.
  • There's a club near here which I've heard *cough* likes to play the following tracks back to back of a Friday night:

Bon Jovi - Livin' on a Prayer
    Chesney Hawkes - I am the One and Only
    Bryan Adams - Summer of '69

Being a credible audiophile I've obviously never frequented said venue.
  • Don't tell my wife. She'd insist we go. Those are the top 3 tunes on her playlist.
  • Actually I really like Summer of '69 as well.  I know, there's no hope!
  • Beastie Boys 'Ill communication". Listened to it 3 times straight today. I listen to it at least once a week. Bloody brilliant. Number 1 on my desert island discs list...The only thing I shall miss beneath the lonely palms is the need to keep my beasties listening a dirty secret...!
  • Flowered up
  • I love Andreas Volleweider's music it makes me relax,

• OK. I've finally thought of one.

Fleetwood Mac - Rumours

Defo not ugly music :-)
  • Blimey Dave.
    What happened? You expecting guests or summit?
  • Blimey Dave.
    What happened? You expecting guests or summit?

:-))
  • SWMBO has a copy.