On the wagon

edited June 2012 in Systems
My name is Ben.
I am an audiophile.
I haven't bought an audio component for 1 year, 2 months and and 10 days...

Not sure what's happened to me, but can anyone beat that length of time?

Comments

• I was doing well...

I'm so ashamed! (sob)
    :^o
  • My name is James. I've been using the same DAC for over a month now :D. My wife calls this progress.
  • James, it's one step at a time. You've just taken your first...
    *spontaneous peer applause*
  • God I have to use a different amp everyday, and cable, now the syndrome has spread to DAC and Phono amp, I am in deep poo. Doc what can I do???? Oh help me.
  • Give them to me! :-)
  • OK bring a large truck say 10Tons and a small crane to lift the 300W Mono SECA amps at 180Kgs each.
    Then I might be able to find that dreaded mobile phone that fell of them and disappeared to silicon heaven a year ago. Oh poo I will then have do the dusting.

• Col - I have footings already dug - give the word and a pump lorry will be along to fill them with cement.
  • God I have to use a different amp everyday, and cable, now the syndrome has spread to DAC and Phono amp, I am in deep poo. Doc what can I do???? Oh help me.
    For you Colin, it may be too late. I fear that you are beyond the help of the group.
    Good luck.
  • OK bring a large truck say 10Tons and a small crane to lift the 300W Mono SECA amps at 180Kgs each.
    Then I might be able to find that dreaded mobile phone that fell of them and disappeared to silicon heaven a year ago. Oh poo I will then have do the dusting.

Just pop 'em in the back of the Burple Beast when we get there :-)
  • edited June 2012
    Seriously, it is odd that I haven't felt motivated to buy anything of late. I wonder, is this the end of the road for my hifi upgrade journey, or just a satisfying hiatus...?
  • I vote hiatus...
  • Hope so jim...
    In fact thanks to your and others DIY threads, I'm thinking may be I ('a' in gcse physics 1990) might reinvigorate my Hifi's development with a bit of electronic fiddling....
    It would at least provide a white knuckle ride, as my family and I worry if my efforts will result in the house being engulfed in flames... :-/
    For you Colin, it may be too late. I fear that you are beyond the help of the group.
    Good luck.
    No pills for it??? 
  • Legal?
    'fraid not...
  • That it I have to by Amcrude Stuff to wean myself off
  • You take care big C...!
  • Just loving' my music tonight....!
    System sounds great!!!
    Still no plans to change owt. :-D
  • edited June 2012
    £300 on transformers next! :O
  • £300 on transformers next! :O
    Eh...?
  • Reset the clock. I lasted 11 days.....but if accessories don't count then by all means allow the clock to continue ;)
  • Accessories count. Secretly you knew that didn't you...?
    You've let down the group as well as yourself.