Music and Cake!

PACPAC
edited July 2012 in Systems
Had a great afternoon's music when Docfoster came visiting bearing gifts of music and even a cake!  Was a pleasure meeting Ben and sharing in some great music and great cake!  One of the great pleasures of meeting like minded enthusiasts I've found is having your ears opened to new music that might have otherwise passed you by and today was no exception.  We went through music as diverse as Mahler, funk-dubb-jazz,grungy stuff (Death in Vegas), Reggae and even some folk.  Thoroughly enjoyable and nice to meet a fellow Audio Chews member - Ben's a top bloke :)>-

Comments

• Kind words Paul. And all bought with a £1 cake from my son's school's summer fete!
    Thank you very much for your hospitality and sharing your music, knowledge and expertise with me. Just please don't test me on those inductance / capacitance ratings...! ;-)
    It was pleasing to hear of the early success of your business and your honest approach to your business practices and pricing. You deserve all the success that you will surely achieve.
    Thanks also to your family who let me steal you away, along with their domestic quiet for a few hours. Lovely to meet them.
    Give me a shout when you want to pop up to my place.
  • edited July 2012
    Most importantly, paul's personally replinthed Gerard has a tremendously natural and effortless sound to it. It reproduced several tracks more pleasingly than did the Michell TT sitting next to it. It's fine work on recreating the natural acoustic around instruments and voices was especially apparent on a couple of live recordings.
    So it sounds good as well as looking fantastic. :-)
  • edited July 2012
    Paul was either cutting cake here or changing LPs.
    Can't remember which...!
    ;-)

• I may have even been cutting the LPs and changing the cake...as still suffering from the excesses of the alcohol consumed the evening before!  Thanks for the comments on the Garrard Ben and I must admit that the Michell rarely gets a look in since the 401 project was completed.
  • Thanks to Ben for an enjoyable morning listening to the NVA system Chez Docfosters.  Very different presentation to mine but very enjoyable nonetheless.  Good clean bass and very musical system IMHO.

Also, thanks to Ben for the loan of the Inca Tech which is sounding pretty decent driving the SHL5's at the mo!
  • That's what it's all about!
  • Thanks for coming over Paul. A very pleasant start to my summer break...! :-)
    Hope you're not on the sauce tonight again... ;-)

• Thanks to Ben for an enjoyable morning listening to the NVA system Chez Docfosters.  Very different presentation to mine but very enjoyable nonetheless.  Good clean bass and very musical system IMHO.

Also, thanks to Ben for the loan of the Inca Tech which is sounding pretty decent driving the SHL5's at the mo!
    I imagine there might just be a little difference there :-)