Wigwam Show - 03/03/13

edited July 2012 in Other stuff
Yes it's a long way off, but if you haven't been before I highly recommend coming along to the next Scalford show.  I'll be there along with my system if I'm selected to exhibit.  More information here:

Comments

• Great news indeed, Chews is very much in favour of the Wamshow. I wonder if a few Chewers might be exhibiting next year?
  • There are a few rooms still left.
  • I may well go this year...
    What's the date?
  • Ah, 3rd march.
    Great.
  • Note to self: read the bloody thread title...
  • Note to self: read the bloody thread title...
    Ditto
  • So did anyone make it along?  I wondered what I was doing being up at 5:30am lugging my bubble wrapped speakers out to the car on a Sunday......soon forgot all about the loading and unloading after I had my system setup and warmed up.  Spent a wonderful few hours playing my system at louder levels than I can normally get away with at home.

Loads of interest in the Hypex nCore amps.  I couldn't believe how many people stayed, chatted about them and have subsequently PM'd me on various forums for more information.  Couple of funny moments where people spotted my Art Audio Qunitet power amp and commented about how marvellous it sounded....only to find it was not actually switched on and they were listening the the Hypex monoblocks.  'Ah, so what are those then'.....'they're class D' said I.....'oooooohhhhhhh' said the listener and proceeded to look baffled and walk out the room like they'd committed some sort of crime admitting they liked the sound (or lack of) of class D ;-)

It was great to meet so many fellow enthusiasts and play some of their music on my system for them.  

I didn't get much chance to venture out of my room but did pop in to hear a monstrous horn system which despite the array of speakers (think Def Leppard at Wembley) didn't really float my boat.  Albeit briefly I heard a pair of Event Opals which sounded very nice.  The room above me was unfortunately playing James Blake bass heavy tracks all day (with a big Focal subwoofer) so any quieter music I tried to play was drowned out.

Overall a brilliant day and I will definitely be there again next year.
  • I didn't make it - but have been reading the show reports and oggling the pics for the last two days. The word is your system acquitted itself very very well James - you must be delighted with such a positive response! Congratulations.

I also saw some very tasty pics of your curvaceous Vivid speakers, and your tasty N-Core boxes - looked most swish!
  • Well done James.

I didn't go this year. Maybe next. 
  • I went along, although can't say I recognised anyone from here!  It was ok.  There were a few stand out systems for me (including the awesome active Harbeth M40s....best sound of the show for me) and some very nice systems using Snells (they all sounded very musical) but by and large I have to be honest and say it was pretty so-so.  Previous years apparently have been better.  Sadly, didn't get to hear your system James!
  • Should have packed up the little TQs and stuff and got on the M1...
  • No now I have the 200W A Classes working OK they are 95.6Kgs each Mono but Alan is a strong piano mover he could help. >:)
  • I would gladly help shift them, but you know they would never reach their destination...
  • God has you white van got another rusty floor, Alan bad man, it will  fail its MOT. %%-
  • Don't let Alan get his hands on them.

Send them in a large Jiffy bag so postie can put his back out 
    >:)
  • Both in the same box a right the van off too.
    Dark Green nearly done Dave
    :D