Snooffling out a first European review

edited July 2012 in Digital
I notice that @Stupinder's Hi-Fi Pig has pulled off a European coup with its review of the Perreaux Audiant DAC/Pre-amp and Audiant 100P Stereo Power Amp, by one @PAC of this parish.

Well done, chaps!

Comments

• Nice one paul.
    A very clear and well worded piece.
  • Thanks guys but for some reason the piece has had to be pulled...no doubt they have their reasons!  It had nothing to do with the review wording but that's all I can tell you  ;)
  • Damn shame Paul, politics one someone's part, no doubt. It seems some people are paranoid about what is written on teh internetz! Get a life people...

Back to HiFiPig for a moment, well done with that Stu, Paul & Jerry (plus anyone I don't know), its become a really good read.
  • Thanks Alan.  It is politics but it has little to do with what was written which was accepted I think as a reasonable review.  It is a shame that marketing politics spoils things in the hifi world and that there isn't enough honesty and down to earth attitudes amongst some in the industry.  Stu has done an excellent job with HP and I will continue to support his efforts.
  • That is very annoying. Sorry to see that happening.

Seeing it pulled in these days of social media will probably do more harm than letting the review stand.
  • Lets hope that is true Dave, this should be the era of the viral review. Politics and agenda spoil the hobby on occasion.
  • Bizarre.
    A shame for you Paul, as you must have put considerable effort and thought into that piece.
    Ben
  • It was the culmination of 3 days work Ben including set-up, selection of review music, note taking and reviewing, a second review session (1 day) and the final review write up.  That excludes the logistics and the web work by Stu.  Yes, very disappointing and the reasons given were wholly unsatisfactory but that's as much as I can say really as I don't wish Stu to have any legal repercussions.  Their loss and yes, a very strange decision.
  • Did anyone get a screen grab of the review page before it was pulled...?
    NO! I'm joking. Don't want to cause Paul or anyone else any problems...
  • Well I, for one, don't see any reason why a standard user review cannot be posted on a forum like, say, chews or something...Just sayin'.  :-\"