SOLD M-Audio Audiophile 24 bit 192 kHz card

edited August 2012 in For sale
Brand new..just bought it..
But it won't fit my Mac..Mac only has PCI Express ...bugger

There goes my 24bit 192 Vinyl rips  :(, just bought two new 2TB hard drives too...but I am keeping them

Comments

• I guess you could grab a cheap Windoze box and use it for encoding/ripping.

But tbh, it's a pain. I did it for a while, but gave up.
  • I did consider that..I have plenty of spare boxes kickign around...I only just pulled one out of the HiFi / Tech corner stack in the living room and replaced it with the subwoofer from the AV surround speakers.

Supppose I coudl find a min tower and stacck that on top the subwoofer..dedicated ripping box then connected via 1gig cat 6 to the mac..but then we are bakc to the two keyboard/two mouse scenario again.

Sound not as full witht the AV amp and speaker setup..but I hardly ever sit and just listen much anymore...and in a small apartment, having big floor standing speakers that have to be nmoved every time yo need to open a draw or open the dining table to eat became a pain...so it is small wall mount AV speakers and sub woofer now :(
  • Tis a good card. Had one for a while, before I switched to a Mac Mini. You would have also found that there's no recent Mac drivers for it, due to there being no recent Mac's with PCI slots... 

I did however run it under a Hackintosh setup (Mac OSX on PC hardware) for a while, with some third party drivers, which worked very well. Linux drivers are pretty decent too.

It's also got balanced in and out, which is a big bonus. Good luck with the sale.
  • I toyed with Hackintosh machines for a while, till my Mac Pro tower arrived..then gave up.  totally forgot to chck to see if the mac had normal PCI slots when I ordered the card..:(

• Hi NeilP, PM sent.

James