Quality time

edited October 2012 in Musicians
Ordinarily I'm at college (as a mature student) on a Friday. Not today - the staff have a training day so I've got the day off. Firstly that means I can attend my son's harvest festival, and second it means I can have the rest of the day getting a couple of college assignments sorted at home in front of the Hifi
Should be a good day!

Comments

• So far, re-listened to my new The Meters best of album, and now on to a bit of Hendrix...

:)>-

Oh, and one assignment completed...!
    :-B
  • 'Voodoo Chile' really is something. Blows away the cobwebs, and that's after popular music has been exposed to 40 years of rock. Goodness knows what it did to people back in the late 60s...
    @-)
    Dave, I'm sure you can answer that one...
    :P
  • I remember Voodoo Chile going to number 1 immediately after Hendrix died - I was about 10. It sounded like a blast of howling, terrifying wind to my young ears.
  • I'm just downloading (legally, from Gubemusic), the new Nik Baertsch, Ronin Live album in 24-bit and a bit of Atomic I didn't have in Redbook.
  • I'm just downloading (legally, from Gubemusic),
    Blimey Dave, I was half way through calling the feds there before I got to the end of that clause.
  • I'm just downloading (legally, from Gubemusic), the new Nik Baertsch, Ronin Live album in 24-bit and a bit of Atomic I didn't have in Redbook.
    Seriously...will give it a listen.
  • I'm just downloading (legally, from Gubemusic),
    Blimey Dave, I was half way through calling the feds there before I got to the end of that clause.
    I have to protect myself :-)
    Seriously...will give it a listen.
    I'm not sure what you'll make of them.

Ronin's first album, Ritual Groove Music, is on Gubemusic.com and may appeal to your inner groovemeister.
  • Oh, hang on a minute, that's my outer groovemeister...
  • Well. you look happy with it, whether it's inner or outer ;-)
  • Running through some bits and bobs on Youtube. I do quite like it, including the cerebral piano playing (that I suspect you love...).
    The whole thing is certainly groovy.

• ...And I've got 4 inner groovemeisters by the way...
  • Can't afford it, but am downloading it anyhoo.
    Thanks Dave!
  • Ritual Groove Music?
  • ...And I've got 4 inner groovemeisters by the way...
    Are you really Gladys Knight?
  • Running through some bits and bobs on Youtube. I do quite like it, including the cerebral piano playing (that I suspect you love...).
    The whole thing is certainly groovy.

I like everything about it. It can just transport me to something like a meditative state, which I believe is what the man is aiming for. There are some interviews around on the Net if you want to know more.
  • A bit sparse for me in this moment as it turns out. I'll try again when I'm in a different mood.
    Currently listening to Nirvana 'Nevermind'.
    Owned this for ages and never listened to it. The production and overall effect reminds me of listening to the Pixies.
  • I know what you mean re Nirvana.

I think In Utero is my favourite, as long as I can stand the emotional weight of the thing. Then the Unplugged album is great, too, and doesn't want me to have an encounter with a firearm.