Football Season 2010/11

edited January 2011 in Other stuff
As you may have guessed i am a big Hammers fan and therefore have no interest in football   :(
Darren Bent to Villa for £18m ??  blimey !! could av got a decent striker for that.
:))
Still what do i know........Uncle Avram has to go.....pleeeeze - do you know hes only 55yrs old !!  thought he was about 65 !  Martin o'neill would do me.

Any footie fans or comments ?

Comments

• Foot - Ball?

Was is Das?

b-(

Not a fan, sorry. I do like watching other boring sport though - Golf (if you can believe that!), F1...
  • You should become a hammers fan Alan - at the mo ....exciting it aint !!
  • edited January 2011
    More rugby than football.
    Though I do follow (a bit) my home town side Cardiff city. But Cardiff blues are my first point of sporting interest though. Only slightly less painful than being a hammers fan I'd imagine.
    I hear o'neil is likely to turn down the job with you...?
    Ben
  • I heard that too but i hope the reports are wrong......dont want fat sam
  • SO we are forced to keep old uncle Avram then after O'neill turned the poison dwarfs down ! 

I feel my beloved hammers are becoming the laughing stock of the PL. 

X_X
  • My uninformed perspective is that the WH is a good honest traditional club. The way the board handled the avram/o'neil thing this week was an utter shambles though. They've put themselves in / a tricky situation there...
  • Doc,

WHU was a good honest traditional club once but even the die hards.....like me are realising that things are changing for the worse since Gold /Sullivan came to the place.

Scotty
  • And there i was booking me day out at Wembley !    aaaaaaargh b-(
  • edited January 2011
    Oh thats weird. Duplicate posting by me. Silly boy.

• Must be having major finger trouble.
    Anyway.........
    Another Hammer here.
    Thoughts.
    After the total sham against Birmingham, maybe some cause for optimism?
    We didn't get embarrassed by Forest.
    Looks like we'll hold on to Scotty for another 6 months, at least. A true hammer.
    We've signed Ba, who I reckon should score a few.
    We've got Keane on loan who again can score some.
    Bridge should be OK once he's fully back up to speed. ..Which he ain't at the moment.
    So, question to Dave & anyone else brave enough to being an 'ammer at the moment.......
    IF (& thats a massive IF) we stay up,
    Does Grant stay or go???
    Cheers
    Matt.

• Matt,

Gawd knows - ive only been a fan for 35yrs and i cant second guess what they are going to do tomorrow yet alone in a few months time.
    IMHO Its the defence we should be spending money on not more strikers for f***s sake........stands to reason that if you are conceding more than you are scoring then theres only one outcome.
    just dont understand these new owners one bit - but talking to brum fans they are bastards who are only in it for the money.

Good to see you on board Matt

Dave
  • edited February 2011
    I am a former season ticket holder watching a club called "Crystal Palace Nil"

:-

However, the game has finally gone mad and my interest in it has waned.
  • Yippeeee an away win at last
  • edited February 2011
    Playing 3 or 4 strikers away from home! 
    Like I said, if Keane's in the box & given the ball, I reckon he'll score more often than our other strikers.
    The defence does seem a concern though.
    Big game this weekend.
    Hey, 3-1 away from home is not to be sniffed at by anyone!
    Happy (ish) Hammer
    Matt.

• Robbie will prove to be a good signing for the Hammers i reckon
  • Could have done without both wolves and witan both winning today! Respect to wolves beating ManUre though.
    Birmingham tomorrow is yet another big game for us.
    Matt
  • I still don't know which team this thread focuses on!! The best Hammer I know of is Estwing...

:">
  •  0-1 defeat to Brum..........sorry not good enough at home and deserve to go down.      :-|
  • Yep. Difficult to argue against that Dave, sadly.
    Thing is, when/if we go down, we will inevitably lose the 2 or 3 good players we do have.
    We'll be looking at a total re-structure of the team, loads of players out, manager out, Gold/Sullivan as well??
    I think the Championship is such a tough league to get promoted out of. 
    Don't fancy being a yo-yo team & I think it could take many years to become a proper Prem team again. Good riddance to many of our team but it still pi**es me off, big time.
    Matt.

• OK, so it seems that we have got the rights to the Olympic stadium.
    Good or bad?
    If the yids had got it (seemed very unlikely, as they were telling one & all that they would bulldoze it & rebuild without the running track. No surprise that the committee were unanimously against that idea!)
    then they could have laid claim to be the biggest team in East London, usurping us. To be fair, I've not yet spoken to a Spurs fan who was in favour of the move.
    So we can have a bigger, modern stadium, better access etc.
    But due to the running track, the fans will be that much further away from the pitch, which will be very different to the Boleyn ground. Will the atmosphere be degraded? Obviously, much of the "tradition" of the old ground will go.
    Bearing in mind outdoor athletics is a summer sport & largely done when the footie season has finished, is it possible to cover the track & install semi-permanent seats over it for the duration of the footie season?
    Will we get a half empty stadium if/when we are bloomin relegated?
    So whats the thoughts of others here?
    Matt.
  • Matt,

There are many many options open now to the 2 poison dwarfs....here are some of the rumours circulating.

Ground share with Orient.
    Sliding seating for football / athletics.
    rip out the running track anyway once things have settled down.

Since whu are spending a reported £90 million on this stadium after the olympics i would have thought a new roof and seating is a defo for a start......then who knows.
    As for the atmosphere being a factor only time will tell but the fans will ALWAYS go no matter what because they are amongst the most loyal fans that i have ever come across and will stupidly follow like lambs.......I just hope for their sakes it will be in the Premiership as i like you think that they will struggle to get back from the fizzy pop league.

ATB -Dave
  • What a comeback 0-3 down, draw 3-3, hit post 3 times good goal disallowed.....all away from home too !
    blimey is this my hammers ??     
    :O :-))
  • WEST HAM UNITED is an anagram of THE NEW STADIUM how spooky is that !
  • AH! Hammers! I get it....
    ~X(
  • how come we can win plenty of cup games but not league games ?
  • Hi Dave
    Some of our defending was worrying in that game. If it had been Prem League strikers, & not from the Championship, we could've been 1 or 2 goals down.
    With Upson out, we look worryingly threadbare at the back.
    We don't normally get much joy against Liverpool do we, so I guess it could be (yet) another depressing weekend for us! 
    Fingers crossed
    Matt.

• Look on the bright side Matt - we could have the best stadium in the fizzy pop league soon !
  • Excellent 3-1 win over the scousers today and it wasnt even a cup game !!    =D>
  • We are staying up
    We are staying up

Out of the drop zone.......at last !
  • Great win! Two on the trot now, so that should get confidence built up. With games against Spurs & ManUre coming up, we'll need to be fired up, thats for sure.
    Birmingham now below us, but with 2 games in hand. I just wonder how crucial that pathetic loss to them recently will be?
    Oh well, at least there are some positives to talk about, rather than just all negatives.
  • Matt,

We are the in form team growing in confidence with some key players returning from injury at the right time.
    Hetzelsburger has made a big difference with the best midfielder in the league (Scotty) even Noble is looking different class now.
    Robbie is nearly fit again too ! so bring on the big boys.......we are ready.

Dave
  • Dave ,

I have had my fingers crossed so many times this season they bloody hurt.

Good game yesterday.

• Well please keep em crossed    ;-)
  • You just cant trust those totts can you !!
  • Stoke play one way.......press giving you little time on the ball - score from set pieces......long throws especially.
    SO what do we do - stand off and give em space to play and give away tons of free kicks / throw ins and corners near your own box.  CLEVER !!
    Are ALL footballers thick ??
  • Would have settled for a draw before the game then rode our luck and defended like lions with Scotty outstanding yet again !
  • So, ManUre at home next. Their strike force is still to be reckoned with, but with that sending off at the weekend + several defenders out injured....................................................................................... 
    maybe, just maybe we could get another tough point!
  • Dont see why not - would love another 4-0 or is that asking for too much !     B-)
  • Jeez mate!
    Love that optimism. 3 points & 4 goals!!!
    You turn out to be right & that next curry's on me mate
    [-O<
  • All hammers are eternal optimists.......you know that Matt !!     =((
  • Wales 0 England 2      Not impressed personally as the opposition were diabolical after all the hype about how it was going to be a cauldron of noise/hate !!    one goal in the first 10 mins and it turned into a whimper.
    Expected a lot more from the Welsh.  still a wins a win and you can only beat whats put in front of you.
  • And the man of the match was...............................................

Over to you Dave!!!! 
    =D>
  • SCOTTY  SCOTTY SCOTTY - HAMMER OF THE YEAR........AGAIN !      :X
  • Oh heck.......and we were doing so well at half time !     :-O
    Thought the mancs deserved it overall as they were by far the best team BUT Lee Mason giving that pen against Upson was a joke at 2-2 he just wanted any excuse to even things up and confirms the standard of refereeing this season is crap.   
    X(
  • Yes, ManUre looked the better team in the 2nd half, but surely Vidic should have had an early bath? Then who knows what might have been.
    Next 3 games, Bolton......tough team to beat
                          Villa..........a massive "6 pointer"
                          Chelski........ I can just imagine Lumpalard scoring a Pen against us!
    Not an easy run in, but then I don't really know what is.
    Looking forward to tomorrow Dave.
    Cheers
    Matt.
  • Agreed Matt but there are as you say no easy run ins at this stage but the most worrying aspect of yesterdays game was the way that WHU caved in after the mancs scored one goal which seems to be an alarming regularity this season. put pressure on west ham and they will fold would be my pre match instructions if i was a manager of an away team at UP.
    Look forward to seeing you tomorrow buddy.

Dave
  • Shouldnt really do this ........BUT...........Real 4  Totts  0          :-c \:D/ :-j =D>  Im luvin it !!
  • NOT luvin this though!    Bolts 3 WHU 0        b-(
  • Can't remember the last time we had any joy against Bolton.
    Crumbs of comfort were that the other teams in the relegation zone didn't cover themselves in glory either.
    But any way you cut it, we ain't good enough & IF we stay up it will be by luck, not merit. The last couple of games of the season will be real nail-biting stuff, & with points being so close,goal difference could be the deciding factor. I am NOT looking forward to it.

%-(