Which is you favourite system?

edited November 2012 in Systems
I recently was bothered to set up a proper wifi network in my house.
Now I'm controlling things with my iPhone, listening to computers in different rooms on computers in different rooms, using one computer to access another computer, explaining things to confused and disinterested family members, etc.,...
Now I'm thinking should I stick a low key system in the kitchen, in the bedroom, in the cloakroom, in the shed,...? If so, these would be systems inferior to my main one. I'm worried that I would spend any time listening to the extra systems thinking "I wish that I was listening to this on my main system"; a bit like the feeling of loss that one would feel if one had to downgrade one's system.
I know some of you future proof guys have had extra systems streaming your digi-bits since just before the war, so is my worry about worry something to worry about, or am I being paranoid...? What is the experience of a multiple system house actually like...?

Comments

• I have the big rig, the office system and the kitchen system (Airport Express and cheapo active speakers that used to be hooked up to a PC on my desk).

Each of them works for the kind of listening I do in those environments. While I'd like better in my office and kitchen, I wouldn't want to take budget away from my main system.

HTH
  • I like both of mine, for different reasons. I set up my office system again this weekend, I had loaned out the speakers since last May, and I have to grin at the silly good sounds I get from it. My mission here is to get as as good a nearfield setup as possible with very little monies. So far:

JPW Sonatas (BNIB), £27
    NVA LS1. £15
    NVA AP20, £100
    HRT Music streamer 2 DAC, £80
    PAC I/Cs, £15
    Laptop

With the sole exception of the fan noise from the lappy's underspecced graphics card, I am delighted with this little rig, it really gets out of the way of the music, in a way few higher systems seem to.

So I like both systems for different reasons.