Jerry's boxswapping blog

edited December 2012 in Systems

Well, my first system blog thread kinda died when I wandered off, and the photobucket pics seem to have gone from there as well.

So I thought I'd start afresh.

My music/hifi room is very much a Man Cave, and is usually suitably untidy and not fit for pics on a forum!

But going back a few months, here's a pic of the system and room in a reasonable state of presentation!

My MBL 116F speakers are not part of the ongoing boxswap fiesta - but everything else is subject to change. :)

The Pioneer PL-71 tt has been replaced by this fully automatic Mitsubishi.
Fully automatic?  Shock horror - don't tell anyone!  

:-$

The Krell pre-amp has gone, and been replaced by this rather nice Restek Consens pre ....

The Resolution Audio CD50 CD player is now supplanted by a McCormack UDP-1 universal player ....

And while the big Parasound Halo A21 power amp (aka Halo Hal) is still in residence it is currently "resting" as I play with this fine looking valve amp!

It arrived a few days ago, and to say that I am pleased with the way it works with the MBL speakers would be a bit of an understatement!

\:D/

Comments

• Is that a Yaqin amp Jerry? Looks suitably industrial to be in a man cave. Glad to hear its doing the business with your speakers. How does it compare to your Parasound?

James
  • Yes, it's a Yaqin MC100B integrated amp.

I haven't tried it yet on any BIG music, but small to medium scale is delivered
    with an uncanny in-the-room presence which is most beguiling - it does edge out the Parasound in that regard.

I much prefer
    it in its high powered UltraLinear mode, compared to the Triode mode. In Triode,
    the bass is decidedly soggy. But there is decent grip and control in UL.

• Ah, a 'Jerry's box swapping blog'...
    See you on page 23!
    :-)
  • I'm liking that Yaquin Jerry but less so the getting rid of that PL71 which was a great little deck ;-)

I've heard great things about the McCormack and look forward to a listen in the New Year!
  • Yep, the PL71 was a great tt - but hey, I'd had it for months! -- and I had to get up off my butt at the end of side. [-X