'Roses, 'Carpets, 'Mondays...

edited June 2012 in Other music
This discussion was created from comments split from: Boudica's boys v Caesar's signors ***spoiler***.

Comments

• edited June 2012
    never been confident :-) , let's hope it will be a nice game...tbh i envy you, stone roses were one of my fav group in the 90's , the stone roses album (was 90?) is destroyed by the number of times it has spinned on my cdp ... :-) what a great combination of drum & bass line by reni & mani , the guitar riffs of John and the stage presence of the  monkee , a real awesome group, or maybe just because i was 15? who knows...:-)

enjoy it !
  • Yeah. Great band. Great musicians with great tunes. (Tho' I understand Ian brown still sIngs consistently flat during live performances.)
    Like you, I have many happy memories of the roses being an important part of the development of my earliest musical interests.
    I think album came out in 1988, when I was 15 too....!
  • inspiral carpets, happy mondays  do you mean? :-)
  • edited June 2012
    inspiral carpets, happy mondays  do you mean? :-)
    Give that man a cigar...!
    Yes. I'm not sure if that particular calloquialism would have made it down to the med'...!
    Basically 'Roses Carpets Mondays' was the phrase that some people (well me and my teenage mates anyway) used when referring to the 'Madchester' music scene in the late 80s early 90s. The important thing was to say it with the thickest Mancunian (Manchester) accent possible, and sound a bit cheeky and stoned at the same time.
  • That explains it! :-)
  • :-) and...what about this ?  ;-)

• Video's not working on my iPhone...! :-(
    Will check out later. I look forward to it. :-)
  • edited June 2012

Inspirals with Mark E Smith :)