Boiling roses

edited July 2012 in Amplifiers

As part of my own personal Stone Roses renaissance I spent this afternoon digitising my old Stone Roses vinyl singles. The main purpose was to get them on to my iPhone. But, they went via Audacity and then into FLAC files (for JRiver on the TFS) before being formatted for Apple...

Anyway, with the neighbours away and the family out I took the opportunity to crank up the volume to...ahem...check the recordings...
I cranked it up quite a long way. All the way in fact... @-)

My goodness, 'twas good!!! 'Sally Cinnamon' through to 'Fools Gold' (9 minute version of course) and 'Something's burning'. Bloomin' marvelous tunes. Especially Something's Burning - now there's a track. There was much booty shaking, Bez style stepping, bongo playing and general lunacy that was not befitting a man of my years.

Of course the TSS didn't miss a beat. It always amazes me that when loud sound has little distortion It doesn't sound loud. Then one tries to speak (or play bongos) over it, and one can't make oneself very easily heard. The TSS did break into a bit of a sweat though, that heat sink was earning it's money! By the end it was almost too hot to touch. (It's fine now.)

Anyway family home now, so I'll have to put the beans back on the gas hob... ;-)

Comments

• I knew that thing had some use :-)
  • I am glad I am not the only one to get that heatsink hot sometimes! Mind you my Royds are only 83dB sensitivity!

Oddly, it runs significantly cooler after I changed my speaker cable.
  • That cannot be!!!!!