Olympics

2»

Comments

• Just watched Nicola Adams winning gold in the boxing. Bloomin' marvellous. Fantastic.
  • I was in the stadium on Wednesday evening. A truly memorable evening. Thanks to a ticketing error we ended up with contingency seats on row 3! We were about five metres away from Usain Bolt at the start of the 200m semi-finals. Certainly a day I'll never forget.
  • I was in the stadium on Wednesday evening. A truly memorable evening. Thanks to a ticketing error we ended up with contingency seats on row 3! We were about five metres away from Usain Bolt at the start of the 200m semi-finals. Certainly a day I'll never forget.
    Brilliant! What a performance as well, if he wasn't there Johan would be the best in the world by miles - he still blitzed it! What a remarkable athlete (and character).

Glad you didn't throw any bottles James!
    Jealous? Me?????
    :D
    Brilliant! What a performance as well, if he wasn't there Johan would be the best in the world by miles - he still blitzed it! What a remarkable athlete (and character).

Glad you didn't throw any bottles James!

Blake is a remarkable athlete isn't he. A shame in a way that he's in the shadow of greatness in the shape of Bolt. Was it me or did it seem like he slowed a little at the end? It looked like he was on for the world record.

All bottles removed on entry to the stadium Dave - to be replaced with glass bottles of Heineken inside the stadium #-o
  • Isn't capitalism wonderful?
    :-O
  • I'm sad now that it's finished, I thoroughly enjoyed the whole event. Looking forward to the Paralympics now, which starts on 29th Aug.
  • Same here Alan. TV schedule now makes for depressing reading.
  • Yes, but at least total wipeout is back on BBC, Tuesdays at 7pm...Oh No - it's the last series!!
  • Caught bits of the last couple of days on French tv. Interesting to see it from their perspective. Coverage obviously focused on their medal chance sports (handball mainly), but from what I could make out they were very impressed with the games as a whole.
    Brumjam - I'm very jealous. I applied for loads and got zilch. Glad you enjoyed it. :-)