Sitcoms

edited September 2012 in Other stuff
This discussion was created from comments split from: Listening to ....

Comments

• It's Thursday night - so I'm watching the Father Ted double bill. :-B
  • I lurve FT  B-)
  • Amanda Randal - Mixed songs nice and relaxing 
    I lurve FT  B-)
    Me too, I have them all but the Christmas shopping one is a killer.
  • I've been watching Frasier repeats, too. 

Frasier and Father Ted are probably my favourite sitcoms.
  • And audio sitcoms I love the Navy Lark and Our Ken.
    Do you recall Get Smart I found them on Youtube and great fun.
    Red Dwarf, Father Ted, are all great. 
  • I was very young when Get Smart was broadcast. So I don't remember much about it. 

I'm not much of an RD (that's Red Dwarf, of course ;-) ) fan. 
  • I'm not much of a telly fan apart from both the Sky Arts channels.

I haven't enjoyed a sitcom since Soap...
  • edited September 2012
    Jim now Soap was fantastic with Dutch and the lovely Jessica.
    What about Mash?
  • First time round Mash was OK but I don't like repeats.

And the film was way better.
  • Yes true the film was very good lucky "Painless"
  • Indeed :O
  • one for fawlty towers! Best episode, imho, THE GERMANS ... :-))))))
  • After a while I found Basil wanting me to switch channels and watch Fanny Cradock and it was often silly and boring sorry not for me, and yet John has gone and made some wonderful Health and Safety films, that were very funny. 
  • In our house, we always lapse into a Sybilesque Ba-sil! Every time I use the herb in cooking  8-}
  • Black adder for me. In order 3, 2, 4, 1.
    Fawlty Towers also.
  • Oh, and I laughed a lot at 'the office'.
  • The Python stuff I liked a lot - but wouldn't consider it a sitcom.  But Fawlty Towers I thought was awful - yes seriously.  No one else agrees with me I know.  I always thought Cleese easily the weakest of the Pythons.

Also Black Adder and especially The Office, no thanks.
  • I agree on Fawlty Towers, so I must be weird as well.

I remember the Office when it first came out - I couldn't decide how genuine it was for the first two episodes, it was quite clever. Apart from that I'm not really a fan of Gervais, too rude.

Apparently Airplane was voted funniest movie ever this week.  Not so sure myself.
  • Gervais, juk spit rubbish moron .
    I think he is over rated trash., The Romans and Greeks got it right for him the lowest of the low, skill less rude with attitude. We can all bend and pick up nothing and he is weight less.

OK I do not like him.
  • I'm not a gervais fan generally, but I did enjoy the office.
  • PACPAC
    edited September 2012
    Best one on telly at the minute seems to be the IT Crowd.  Well written, well acted and genuinely funny without any of the usual talentless nastiness that passes for "alternative" comedy these days.
  • Mrs Brown's Boys - Friday night BBC1
    Hilarious.

Miranda - also Friday night. Repeats of the last series at the moment but very funny IMO.
  • Not a sitcom, but I loved 'The Day today' in the early 90s. "This is the news!" I recall the 'War' episode being very funny.
    Of course the worrying thing is that nowadays many of real news channels and bulletins are far more ridiculous and overblown than Chris Morris' piss take of 20 years ago.
  • It was great, wasn't it? He out Paxo'ed Paxo. Brilliant. I enjoyed the follow up, 'Brass Eye' too.
  • The yearly sitcom was odd from Queen Liz, not that  funny at times.
    And you tend to lose the thread from the one before, but never seen a repeat.