HiFi you hanker after & would buy in a heartbeat

edited September 2012 in Systems
If I ever see them, and have the readies, I will buy Impulse H2 hornloaded speakers. I just will, I have been in love with the idea of them for years.

What would you get if you had the opportunity?

Comments

• Decca London Reference cartridge. Carfrae horns. Both would do me fine.

The Decca is £2.6k and the Carfraes are not in production anymore and I've never seen them 2nd hand.
  • H2's a good shout and I'd have one of colin's new amps if I had any readies
    Chris
  • I heard some active meridian speakers that once blew me away at a show (and I'm not often blown away at shows).
    Also, (bit of a cheat this) I'd quite like a big reel to reel tape machine in a big box along with a couple of dozen studio master tapes (Ella Fitzgerald, Cymande, The Stone Roses, etc.,...).
  • Another pair of Tannoy Buckinghams please.
  • I'd go for a pair of H2s, too. I had some H6s - the H2s' smaller bruvva - on long loan when I reviewed, and they were great. Just didn't have the wonga around when they needed to go back :-( 

On the end of the TDSs, the H2s would be seriously 'hang on to your hat'!

Then some of Col's Graphite interconnects, as I hope they'd be as much of a revelation as the speaker cables.

Otherwise, a seriously high-end DAC, but which one? Dunno, tbh.

And a tricked out Mac mini as a source.
  • Yes the DAC now that is interesting why do some like nice cable loading and other are shit?
    I think I like to have the Wyoming Digital Design DAC lovely beast a $13,000 each, and it has tubes/valves to add romance to the music.
  • Also Yamaha NS 1000 (any derivative).

DACs are interesting Col - I would have to ask James what's good!  ;)
  • Good thread idea!
    I have a list!

• Lumley Lampros 300abs....I'd have my old ones back in a heartbeat.  One of the best loudspeaker designs I've ever heard and stunning to behold
    • Harbeth SHL5's except that now I do have them
    • Tannoy Canterbury Prestige speakers...stunning to listen to and to behold 
    • Zyx R1000 Airy MC Cart
    • not a lot else TBH!
  • Also Yamaha NS 1000 (any derivative).

DACs are interesting Col - I would have to ask James what's good!  ;)
    In the late 1970,s to 1980 Yamaha NS 1000 looked very different they were ear shaped cone.
  • Yes the DAC now that is interesting why do some like nice cable loading and other are shit?
    I think I like to have the Wyoming Digital Design DAC lovely beast a $13,000 each, and it has tubes/valves to add romance to the music.
    Nah. Don't want any added romance.
  • Good post idea Alan. This is hypothetical as I'm definitely not buying any more hifi for at least six months due to impending house extension, but I would like to try a matching shindo power amp just to see what all the fuss is about. The only other thing that springs to mind is some larger Vivid Audio speakers, or perhaps some Tannoy speakers from their prestige range.....something like the Sandringham which I think is about the only model that would look sensible in my room.

Those Yamahas look interesting. I'd like to hear a pair as they are talked about a lot across the various hifi forums.
  • I'd like one of these.
    I would book a room at Scalford.
  • It'll never happen in my price range, but some really big Apogee full range ribbon jobbies might be nice...image