Mountain Lion

edited July 2012 in Digital
Has anyone downloaded the new MAC OS yet? I was wondering if I should bother with it (I still run Snow Leopard), perhaps on the grounds of SQ.

Also, maybe more to the point, Are the M2Tech drivers (particularly for the Young DAC) compatible?

Comments

• I don't know. I made the mistake of upgrading to Lion too early last year and hit a few problems, so I'm waiting on the sidelines.
  • I'm lurking as well after being bitten by Lion.
  • At least I'm not the only one.
  • Brilliant. I think bacon dispensing machines should be installed in all public areas.
  • I've put ML on my MacBook Air (late 2010), and it seems to be working better (ie I smoother) than Lion.
  • I got stung when I went to Snow Leopard, so have not even jumped to Lion yet.  Will wait till at least three minor update releases before I commit
  • If anyone uses Airport Express (or ATV) these devices will now show up under output devices in the system setting. So you can now send any audio to the Express or anything else with Airplay.
    A nice addition that hasn't had much exposure.
  • If anyone uses Airport Express (or ATV) these devices will now show up under output devices in the system setting. So you can now send any audio to the Express or anything else with Airplay.
    A nice addition that hasn't had much exposure.
    That is neat. I might get an AE for the office system, as the laptop fans are quite noisy.
  • edited August 2012
    The AExpress sounds pretty respectable.
  • Apropos nothing much, but it possibly fits in here, I spent some hours over the Bank Holiday completely reinstalling my iMac - ie formatted HD, installed Mountain Lion, then all the apps, then the data only from Time Machine.

I have a very sweetly running desktop that I think won't need upgrading for a good while.

It had been crashing a bit and felt a bit ploddy.
  • Anyone updated their Mac used with a Young yet? I've done my 2 laptops but not my Mac Mini yet .
  • After your fresh re install how did you transfer all your Mail settings?  Using the migration wizard or another way?
  • I set my mail settings up from scratch. It didn't take long. I manually installed each of the apps, too - although the App Store made things far less of chore.

The aim was to to ensure that everything was set up from scratch so that whatever was upsetting the iMac previously wasn't carried over.

HTH
  • So you did not carry over all your old messages?  that is what I was wanting to do along with the mail settings...with 7 different e-mail accounts and countless in =box folders and rules, setting that lot up again would be a nightmare

I did not want to use the import wizards either for exactly the reasons you mention.  I did try Mountain Lion on a new partition, but not keen on what I have seen so far.
  • I use IMAP on Gmail, so all the e-mail is stored on the server.

FWIW, I much prefer Mountain Lion to Lion. It's faster and the iOS-like features are better developed.
  • I used migration assistant - all worked fine