DACs from John Kenny

edited August 2012 in Digital
JKennys DACs have been well regarded for a while - and he has a dem pair on 'tour' right now. They are single USB input only, which is an issue for me as I like to run the telly through my rig. I am still trying to find a way to make it work as I am very interested in the JK32. Some reckon it steals a march on the Young!

Here is a link to Andrew Randle's blog, where he listens to the DACs and seems impressed.

Comments

• I've got one of his USB/SPDIF converters on the way to trial. I had one before but it had a faulty connection which was only diagnosed after I sold it. Will post my impressions.

His DAC's get excellent reviews but for once I feel no urge to change my DAC. Are you tempted to try one Alan or is the single input a deal breaker?
  • Yes, and probably yes...

Needs must though, I haven't the money to mess around at the moment. That kind of settles it.

What are you using now James? Did you stick with the PWD?
  • Yes still using the PWD. It has a very good USB input but I'm interested to see how John's converter sounds going SPDIF into my DAC.
  • Anyone on here tested this yet, be interested in your views.
  • Just saw this thread.
    If anyone is interested in auditioning these two DACs that are on tour - just post here & PM me - I will put your name & address on a list. The USB to SPDIF converter is also about to become available from Nick Whetstone (TNT Audio) after completing his review this week.