Colin's LDR

edited November 2012 in Amplifiers
This discussion was created from comments split from: Tellurium Q Listen Pre-amp and Atom power amps.

Comments

• Hi Alan thank you I will complete the LDR volume soon I want to make it remote also.
    Best Col
  • edited November 2012
    That was well worth posting, Alan. You've covered some points that I forgot.

The treble problems are also probably caused by the system's extremely revealing nature. If the recording has thin lightweight cymbals, that's exactly what you get!
  • Hi Alan thank you I will complete the LDR volume soon I want to make it remote also.
    Best Col
    That sounds like a wonderful thing Colin. Can I put my name down for one right away, please? ;-)
  • Me too! Remote as well - the luxury!!
  • My unfinished Lightspeed has a remote, but I suspect it won't do that soundstaging thing, either.
  • Now we are talking ldr by Colin , that I would be interested in hearing. How these fit in to the scheme of things regards my older toca and the iridium, who knows be nice to find out at some stage.

Chris

• edited November 2012
    Well hunting to find the bits, today just for fun I will be playing with a remote LDR volume system.
    I have found some LDR`s that do not contain nasty chemicals, and have a much wider resistance range from 10ohm - 10Mohms, so this will give me more choice on preset values.
    Well of to the Tellurium Mine I go with soldering iron and 3 pairs of glasses, and today I remembered the milk for the coffee.
    Chris in what location on this wet island are you, maybe I can row my bit over to visit you.
    The normal road river outside is about 8 inch deep today, and half of the farmers field has decided drop on my parking space. And I bet he has done muck spreading on that bit.
  • It'll help you to grow Col, feed that 'fertile' imagination!  ;D  Well done with finding some nice LDRs, It would be nice if this tech became more mainstream.

3 pairs of glasses? Does that include the welding mask?
  • edited November 2012
    Sounds cool, Mr W. Glad you're on the case ;-)

@Alan: Three pairs of glasses come with great age (and wisdom), my child. As you may have guessed by now, I have three pairs of peeping gear, too ;-)
  • Certainly rowing boat weather in dank leicestershire today.
  • Well hunting to find the bits, today just for fun I will be playing with a remote LDR volume system.
    I have found some LDR`s that do not contain nasty chemicals, and have a much wider resistance range from 10ohm - 10Mohms, so this will give me more choice on preset values.
    Well of to the Tellurium Mine I go with soldering iron and 3 pairs of glasses, and today I remembered the milk for the coffee.
    Chris in what location on this wet island are you, maybe I can row my bit over to visit you.
    The normal road river outside is about 8 inch deep today, and half of the farmers field has decided drop on my parking space. And I bet he has done muck spreading on that bit.
    How much of an issue are the nasty chemicals?

Are they an environmental problem, or a not nice to have at home because they release something unpleasant?
  • Environmental problem, most use Cadmium and this is not RHoS compliant.

• OK. I didn't know that.